We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Reef Hotel -any tips?

4 posts
Save Topic
Staying at Reef Hotel -any tips?

I have booked a cheap package holiday staying the Reef Hotel for 2 weeks in mid May. My package doesn't include transfers from Mombasa Airport so could anyone advice on the best way to get to the Hotel?

Also, I am aware that it may rain a lot during my stay which I don't mind as I wasn't planning to do much sunbathing but will this have an impact on the choice of safaris I could book, e.g. do they get cancelled when it rains to much?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at Reef Hotel -any tips?

you can get a taxi from the airport to Reef. It will take around 30-40mins depending on traffic in Mombasa centre. Dont pay more than 1500ks it should be around 1200ks.

As for the rains, well im off myself on May 14 and im just hoping that it showers more than "rains". As for your safari that will be fine, no probs there.

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at Reef Hotel -any tips?

The Reef is quite a good hotel in a prime location on Nyali beach- the rooms are large - a bit basic but kept very clean.

Very nice pools and access to the beach.

there is a separate area for smokers this is on the sea front and its covered...

easy to walk up the road to the Nakumatt shopping area for snacks -water ATM`s & lunch. or take a Boda Boda bike for 20/- good fun .

4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at Reef Hotel -any tips?

thank you!

4. Re: Staying at Reef Hotel -any tips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2010, 06:27
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor