We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

horse riding

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southend, UK
Level Contributor
309 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
horse riding

Hi can anyone give me any information regarding the riding stables in Nyali. I just happened to see it mentioned on a website although there was no information given.

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
603 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: horse riding

I can tell you the details but can't recommend.

You can ride in Mamba Village opposite the Nyali Golf Club. The former is also the biggest crocodile farm in Africa.

Further down Links Road, the Mamba Village offers horse-riding (041/3415778; daily 8am–5pm; 1hr beach trips Ksh950; lessons at Ksh200 for 30min).

I have my own horses at home. I tend to avoid riding overseas. I have seen horses that are not always well looked after and maintained like they would be at home. I always feel sorry for them as they have to cart rider after rider up and down the beach all day.

I would suggest to check it out when you get there as I haven't been there, so can't recommend either way. It maybe a good place? Or someone on the forum may have been there and can offer first hand advice.

Good luck.

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,876 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: horse riding

All the horses in the Mamba riding stables ae extremely well looked after, they do not go up and down beaches but only for specific rides.

there are another two horses [ and riders] who come onto the Shanzu -Bamburi Beach for horse riding now and again up and down the beach -they are kept in Mtwapa very good condition - well fed and loved by the owners.

You will find even the Camels are well looked [ wormed -teeth - feet checked by a local vet] because this is their livelihood .

Southend, UK
Level Contributor
309 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: horse riding

Thanks for that, I am even more excited now, not only going on safari and a beautiful beach but riding as well, heaven!!!

4. Re: horse riding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa
Recent Conversations