We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whatever happened to...

enfield&ugunja
Level Contributor
391 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Whatever happened to...

It's just that we would like to know what has happened to these hotels

Whispering Sands, Le Soleil Beach, Giriama we know became mielele but no longer has a website? and there is a little known hotel next door to the serena-whatever happened to that [cant remember its name. H & N

milton keynes
Level Contributor
807 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whatever happened to...

Do you mean Whispering Palms? I heard it is now deserted and unused but will check next time I am there. Le Soleil has been sold and is still operationally. I am sure one of the experts on here will give more info.

enfield&ugunja
Level Contributor
391 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Whatever happened to...

Thank You, yes we did mean Whispering Palms. Does anyone have an up to date email for Le Soleil please?

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
179 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whatever happened to...

We walked past the remains of the Whispering palms this April. It had a fire and was deserted, looks really sad, and what a waste of buildings! Apparently, Kikambala beach never fully recovered after the attack on the paradise hotel, and there was another empty shell, but I can't remember the name. The paradise hotel is in business, and we had a guided tour, looked really quirky and wonderful. Also, had a wonderful beach in front of it.However, it is not used by many foreign tourists and you would not be able to book a package holiday.

The sun n sand, was where we stayed, and that is the only large hotel left on that stretch. I found it okay, but the part of the beach it was on was not very nice, which I found strange.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
989 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whatever happened to...

As Heike says its very dismal going past Whispering Sands, Paradise is not very busy but at the back of Paradise is The Secret which is run by Pietro & Leslie, food is very good & the rooms are beautiful, a small pool, not front line but easy access to the beach. A very intimate little hotel !!

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kikambala
Level Contributor
524 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whatever happened to...

Le Soleil is definitely in business. Has had a lot of upgrading work done on it.

Berlin
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Whatever happened to...

Former Le Soleil Beach Club has a new name :North Coast Beach Hotel .

And it has a new Ownership ,I think it is the J. Kenyatta University, they have a website, prices are too expensive compared to the past. Le Soleil was the cheepest hotel at the hole coaststrip!

Greetings to all kikambala fans

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,470 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whatever happened to...

That would be this then, (at the bottom of the article)

nation.co.ke/News/…index.html

8. Re: Whatever happened to...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2011, 07:20