We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this a good price?

West Midands
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Is this a good price?

Hi there all,

I,m hoping you regulars can help me, I have emailed a number of companies for quotes on a 3 night 4 day safari covering Tsavo East/ West and Amboseli, this would be for just 2 people in a private jeep. Now i have had quotes back i was wondering if you good kind people would advise me on whether the lowest is an ok price or too high, we will be hoping to start safari around 18/19th Oct,2010. Anyway cheapest quote is £970 for the 2 of us, 1 of us is a boy of 15. Itinery would be as follows;

day1;Mombasa-TsavoWest

Stay-Ngulia Safari Lodge

day 2; Tsavo West - Amboseli

Stay- Sentrim Luxury Lodge

day 3; Amboseli - Tsavo East

Stay- Voi Safari Lodge or Ashnil Lodge

day 4; Tsavo East - Mombasa

Lunch at Lion Hill Lodge enroute

Any advice much appreciated

Linda

Augsburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,720 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is this a good price?

Hi,

just one personal tip - not sure, what you personally prefer, but i would try to get the Rhino Valley Lodge, ex Ngulia Safari Camp, ex Ngulia Bandas instead of the Ngulia Safari Lodge. They are much more nicer we found and as i might remember, there is no big price difference, from my opinion worth to ask.

Here are some pics of it: eastafrican-safari.de/pageID_9106381_1.html

Bye

Chrissy

West Midands
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Is this a good price?

Hi there

Many many thanks to everyone that has helped me in replying to my query, a massive thank you to those who pm,d me with a bit more it was very much appreciated.

I will now email the company and start some negotiations on price.

Chrissy thanks 4 the info on the lodges but were not that bothered about where we stay and we do did want to stay at Ngulia to see the Leopards come to feed at night.

Many thanks again everyone

Best regards Linda

Cambridge
13 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Is this a good price?

Hi Pjduk,

I presume the 3 day 2 night was price per person?

Could you let me know please as we go to Diani in a couple of days and I have a similar price but per person.

Many Thanks

uk
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Is this a good price?

yes per person cambridge

S. Yorks
Level Contributor
50 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Is this a good price?

3 days 2 nights covering tsavo east west and amboseli. Staying at kilaguni serena and amboseli. £349 pp. Is this a good price? Or worth bartering down?

Cambridge
13 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Is this a good price?

We've got 3 day 2 night Tsarvo East and West for 280 per person in a four man jeep. If anyone else wants to jump in it might be worth looking at dates?

We are going between the 22nd and 28th August for the trip.

uk
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Is this a good price?

well done cambridge blue78

who was that with , great price

18. Re: Is this a good price?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2010, 01:03
Mombasa Kenya
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Is this a good price?

Thats is great itinerary and with a private van usd$888 would do

20. Re: Is this a good price?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2010, 13:20