We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does it work out cheaper to travel independently to Mombassa

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Sussex
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Does it work out cheaper to travel independently to Mombassa

Hi,

I am missing Kenya soooo much, we went for the first time in March this year and I loved every minute, just want to go back. I was wondering if anyone knows a good airline and if it would be cheaper than booking a package holiday. Would definately go back to the Voyager. All tips advice welcome.

Thank you.

Sue.

uk
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Does it work out cheaper to travel independently to Mombassa

lol sue

you have the bug girl

i think you need to ring round and see what prices you can get, do you want all inclusive or do you want to do bb etc and compare like for like

have done it both ways and really not much in it going it your self and doing a package, doing it yourself you could squeeze a few days more in as your not restricted on flights

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Does it work out cheaper to travel independently to Mombassa

Hi Sue,

This bug is an awfully expensive one and no cured by any drugs LOL !!!!

Well we were also out in March this year and booked again almost as soon as we got home for September.

We got a good quote from travel zoo flying with Kenya Airways (loads of luggage allowance) and staying at Travellers, anyway we took this quote with us to Thomas Cook who matched the price and done all the arranging for us, this holiday is actually a Somack deal. The deals are out there you just need to stay firm with your budget and get the travel agents to do the work for you. Happy hunting and good luck.

If we can help further let me know.

Tracy

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Does it work out cheaper to travel independently to Mombassa

Hi again sorry hubby just informed me that it was Travel UP not zoo

Tracy

West Sussex
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does it work out cheaper to travel independently to Mombassa

Well if there are no drugs to cure the bug I am just gonna have to speak very nicely to the travel agents.

West Sussex
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does it work out cheaper to travel independently to Mombassa

Hi ya, I think we talked last year in March, I think you was on a different flight different terminal, yeah we had such a fantastic time, we made friends with a couple of the beach boys(we was at the Voyager) who just looked after us, they were a bit cheeky but we did not give in and I think they respected this, they email us regularly. I miss it all so much, It was our first time and I could not fault any part of the holiday at all only they having to come home.

We done so much independently and from safari, to mombassa to visiting an orphanage to meeing the Kenyans but there is still so much more to do.

thank you for you advice I am not shy so will try to do some wheeling and dealing. I will let you know how I get on.

Cheers Sue : )

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Does it work out cheaper to travel independently to Mombassa

Hi Sue,

I've sent a PM

Tracy

7. Re: Does it work out cheaper to travel independently to Mombassa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2011, 07:20