We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much for yellow fever vac?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
91 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
How much for yellow fever vac?

Hi All

How much did you pay for your yellow fever vaccination?

I have heard that different clinics charge different prices so just wondering what I should expect?

Anyone use any north-west clinics in particular?

Thanks

Jen

East Anglian
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How much for yellow fever vac?

We were quoted £67 at our doctors surgery. You can go to private clinics where they usually charge less. It can vary between £40 and £70.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,220 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much for yellow fever vac?

Mine was £40 (both times)

uk
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How much for yellow fever vac?

if you are only going to kenya then save your money you dont need it, if your going outside kenya and then back in then you will need it

Netheravon, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much for yellow fever vac?

Hi

We paid £55 at a MASTA Travel Clinic, also brought our insect repellant there for £6.99 (50% deet)

Only 5 more sleeps for us !!!!!

Kind regards

Lesley

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much for yellow fever vac?

hi just reeading everyones posts on this subject im still not sure and im blonde so ..... if im travelling to kenya and doing a say 3day safari do i need the yellow fever jab ? thanks xxx

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,220 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much for yellow fever vac?

Blondes, Brunettes, Redheads all the same.

IF you are coming direct to Kenya by air from an uninfected country AND not expecting to leave for a visit to a neighbouring country you do NOT need YF Cert. Only required when entering one country from an infected country.

I use the term "infected" to save using Endemic just so you can follow.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much for yellow fever vac?

thanks for that, i mentioned the blonde bit incase ppl thought i wasnt very bright hence the questions lol sorry and thanks again still wondering why so many ppl from england like myself are still choosing to have it tho , specially when its quite expensive too hmmm not keen on jabs so the fewer the better lol

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,220 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much for yellow fever vac?

They choose to have it in case they need to cross borders. Some Safaris do Kenya and Tanzania and/or Uganda. and it is 'just in case' and lasts ten years so why not?

england
Level Contributor
48 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much for yellow fever vac?

hi

when buying your malaria tablets - get a private prescription from your doctor and order online from travelpharm they are much cheaper - also you dont need a YF jab

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,220 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How much for yellow fever vac?

<<and order online >>

Great idea until they, or the Post Office, lose your prescription. Support your local Pharmacist!