We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broken my leg - Holiday cancelled

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Wales
Level Contributor
267 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Broken my leg - Holiday cancelled

Thank you for all your help in booking my trip, unfortunately I slipped on ice yesterday and have broken my leg. We were due to fly out of Gatwick today. I've contacted our insurance company no problem there get our money back. I'd booked a safari with JT and sent him an email, reply straight back we owe him nothing and will see us when we re-book our holiday next year (what a gentleman)

Hope everyone who is going to Kenya have a fabulous holiday and return to this wonderful country as we are.

Mombasa
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Tsavo National Park East
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Broken my leg - Holiday cancelled

all the best, sorry about the bad news...

take care, your next Kenya holiday will come....

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kikambala
Level Contributor
524 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Broken my leg - Holiday cancelled

So sorry to hear about your fall. I dare not leave the house at present. Just look forward to re booking your Kenya visit.

Hazel

Telford, Shropshire
Level Contributor
2,430 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Broken my leg - Holiday cancelled

Really sorry to hear about that, I suppose that the cancellation probably feels more painful than the leg!!

My advice: plenty of Christmas cheer and lots of goodies!!

Min xxx

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,042 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Broken my leg - Holiday cancelled

Poor you! Think positive and while you have all this time on your hands start planning your re-arranged trip. February/March is a good time - still hot and sunny.

South Wales
Level Contributor
267 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Broken my leg - Holiday cancelled

Thanks for your replies hoping to go next June.

uk
Level Contributor
137 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Broken my leg - Holiday cancelled

So sorry to hear of your very bad luck .I have watched the excitement mounting in your posts . At least now you can read even more reports and tweak a few changes as also a different time of year when you next go. Linda

South Wales
Level Contributor
267 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Broken my leg - Holiday cancelled

Thanks very much, yes almost decided it will be next June, it wil be the middle of January before the plaster comes off and we are going on a cruise in March. I wont let this get me down although I can't help looking at the clock and thinking we should be boarding. I firmly believe that what is for you wont go pastg you so roll on next year x

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,878 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Broken my leg - Holiday cancelled

I am so sorry to hear of your mis-fortune

My freind and I were only talking about you flying out today but did you say JUNE ? well come and join my celebrations the drinks will definitely be on me - take care ♥

forgot to say -its far too hot out here for you anyway !!

Edited: 03 December 2010, 20:55
South Wales
Level Contributor
267 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Broken my leg - Holiday cancelled

I'm glad I was going to buy my suntan lotion in the airport so that saved me money. What are you celebrating? Whatever it is we would love to join you. I'll still haunt this forum as I love hearing about people's holidays and helping when I can. Christine.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Broken my leg - Holiday cancelled

Sorry to hear about your change of plans. I'm sure there are many of us that get our 'Africa fix' by reading about other's travels and seeing pictures until we get back the next time. I know I sure do.