We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monsoons Restaurant

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
412 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Monsoons Restaurant

Is that 'do-able' from Voyager Beach Resort? Have the website address etc and understand they can send trusty transport, but don't really get the geography!

Is it a short'ish trip, I don't really want to stray too far out (even for a great meal).

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,548 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monsoons Restaurant

Hi,

Its very doable, I've met several people there who were staying at Voyager, its about 15 km (9 miles)

Try the Google map in the FAQs on the right of the forum page, Voyager and Monsoons are both marked on it, just click on their names in the list down the left side

Shanzu, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monsoons Restaurant

I have done it twice from Voyager (last January and July).

Used Taxi both times, no problems either time. If you contact Monsoon they will organise Taxi at a good rate.

Try it - you won't be sorry.

Geography wise - 3 or 4 minutes from Voyager to Mombasa to Malindi Highway (by Nakumatt). Highway through Bamburi, Shanzu and Mtwapa - 15 mins. Turn off of Highway at far end of Mtwapa and one road to Monsoon - 5 mins.

Mtwapa
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Monsoons Restaurant

I was there recently, Monsoons is a great natural site. Combine it with a visit to the Jumba Ruins just next to the restaurant. For more info have a look on our website mtwapa.info/apps/…3984998-monsoons-restaurant

milton keynes
Level Contributor
807 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monsoons Restaurant

We drove there on Friday and it was fantastic. Beautiful meal, drinks flowing ( driver non alcoholic). You need an afternoon to enjoy to the full. Will be going again in a few days. I am thinking of telling people it isn't good just to ensure I get in there, very popular. Lovely host who had us lauging all the time. Amazing value for a good afternoon. An easy trip from Voyager.

osh
uk
Level Contributor
103 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monsoons Restaurant

Looks like the good reviews are attracting tourists to Monsoons ! We will be at Serena beach from 22nd Feb for 2 weeks, so hoping to pay a visit also. Could anyone suggest how far away we will actually be, and if lunch or dinner would be our best bet relating to how long a taxi trip will take. Will look out for familiar faces as shown by your avatars ! 1 thanks for any help.

Shanzu, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monsoons Restaurant

From Serena to Monsoon about 15-20 mins by Taxi.

If you phone(0734 663370)

Suggest late lunch (will run into dinner anyway) !

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,548 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Monsoons Restaurant

Go at lunchtime, chill on the quiet beach for a while then have a loooooong leisurely lunch. They officially close at 7.30 Tues to Thurs, 10.30 Fri and Sat and 10 on Sunday. Having said that they never chase guests out, there have been people who have gone at midday for lunch and left at 10, 11, 11.30 pm (on several occasions I have been obliged to stay with them as it would have been rude to leave ☺ ) and they will open for dinner if a reasonable size party requests it.

Shanzu, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Monsoons Restaurant

The real reason Doff stays until the last Diners leave is so they can help him back up the hill to the car park - not just to be sociable. (lol)

osh
uk
Level Contributor
103 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monsoons Restaurant

Thanks guys, knew I could rely on you for good info, cheers !!

milton keynes
Level Contributor
807 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Monsoons Restaurant

Were there from 1.30pm until 6.30pm. As Doff said a stroll on beach between courses, there is an old boat and we wandered up and 2 small old dogs ran down from a house. They were very friendly and just wanted to be fussed. I was concerned when a massai was sharpening the knives on a big stone, eyeing us up !! Don't worry folks, Doff has trained his car to find it's own way home !! We love you really Paul, not much he doesn't known about the area and good drinking places. Will have to speak to Artillo and ensure he keeps tables for us regulars or this publicity will mean booking months in advance. lol