We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TTBC - Regulars/Shoes..Different Treatment?

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wales
Level Contributor
201 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
TTBC - Regulars/Shoes..Different Treatment?

After reading the most recent view of the Turtle Bay Beach Club I was alarmed to read the unfair treatmenr of guessed compared to regulards who frequent the hotel.

Is this an issue I should be concerned about?

I also read that formal shoes are need for the dinning room, is this correct. As I tend to get swollen feet and high heeled shoes would cripple me!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TTBC - Regulars/Shoes..Different Treatment?

I read the review and it did seem a bit strange in regard to footwear. Most of the hotels have a long trousers policy for the gents but this is the first time I have heard of a shoe policy. I have worn sandals as well as formal shoes of an evening in all the hotels I have visited and never had a problem. The review didn't mention if socks were worn by the gent as this could be an issue. As for ladies my wife normally wears flat shoes of an evening again without any problems.

Shanzu, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TTBC - Regulars/Shoes..Different Treatment?

With regards your question regarding repeaters and first time Guests it goes on every where. It's called Human Nature.

isle of wight
Level Contributor
43 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TTBC - Regulars/Shoes..Different Treatment?

Please don't be alarmed. We were there in January for our latest visit. Yes, there are quite a large number of repeat guests in January and February )and yes, I am one of those 'repeaters' but not one involved in the table dispute referred to!). While staff are always pleased to see familiar faces, all guests get wonderful treatment from the all the staff - from senior management right down to the pool guys and garden boys.

In all the times we have been there, I never knew you could hire a fridge - I don't really see the point. There is a flask of chillled water each day in your room and water coolers throughout each block. If they were empty, they are swiftly replaced. Actually there are water coolers throughout the whole hotel, including by the main pool. You don't spend a great deal of time in your room so not sure about usefulness of a fridge. There are phones in every room now so any problem can be reported to reception right away. No room service yet, thank goodness.

Never heard of requirement for shoes at night. Sandals are fine for men and women - bare feet around the food areas are not though.

Please be reassured you'll have a wonderful time - the hotel is lovely, right on the beach and with beautiful grounds. The beach if just gorgeous and the sea is fab - lovely and warm. Just like the staff

Hope this is helpful.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TTBC - Regulars/Shoes..Different Treatment?

I think the dress code manager was having a bad week regarding sandals we have never had any problems at TBBC we always wear sandals at night in fact the misses wears flip flops from the local shops,,

wales
Level Contributor
201 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TTBC - Regulars/Shoes..Different Treatment?

"With regards your question regarding repeaters and first time Guests it goes on every where. It's called Human Nature."

I dont agree, surely it would make sense to treat new guests well also, and perhaps make them repeaters themselves?

Regardless of the comment, I was more concerned regarding shoes. Perhaps the review itself regarding the argument with the vistors and the repeaters wasnt all they made it out to be.

I always think within reason a holiday is what you make of it! If your looking for faults your always find them!

Aslong as they have beer, a good pool, good food and a nice beach im happy.

6. Re: TTBC - Regulars/Shoes..Different Treatment?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2012, 06:19