We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bamburi Beach help please - malaria & airport taxis?

UK
Level Contributor
85 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Bamburi Beach help please - malaria & airport taxis?

Its my first time in Kenya and would like some help please.

Airport taxis - it is easy to get a taxi from the airport to Bamburi beach hotel? there are only 2 of us and how much should it cost?

Malaria - I always gets loads of mossie bites. can anyone recommend any particular repellant products also which malaria tablets should we take? don't want to spend a fortune really but obviously want to have the correct tablets. are there any we can get without a prescription?

Any other advice appreciated - many thanks

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bamburi Beach help please - malaria & airport taxis?

Bazzamac29,

Welcome to Mombasa,indeed Bamburi beach hotel you surely will enjoy your stay and yes value for money.While there are many taxis outside the arrival of the Moi international airport,you may not be very fond off asking and negotiating the moment you first arrive. As we always recommend,its much easier to pre book free of charge your airport transfers,so that you will be awaited as soon as you are through with the migration offices,visas and the rest,you will only need to read your name on a pager of whoever you will have emailed in advance to await and transfer you. Indeed its a V.I.P welcome.

The cost of transfer is mostly based on the vehicle and not per person,it would cost you about Usd 25 in an air conditioned saloon car to the hotel,and as always you pay upon arrival at the hotel.

Hope this will make your vacation even more hassle free.

John

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bamburi Beach help please - malaria & airport taxis?

Hi,

you need to get a mozzie repellant with 20% or more DEET in it. If your prone to bites then try cover up after 6pm when they tend to bite more.

As for taxi to Bamburi beach, this will cost around 1500ks give or take a little. Just bargain dont accept a silly 1st off price like 2500-3000ks. There are planty taxis right outside as you exit your terminal.

UK
Level Contributor
85 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bamburi Beach help please - malaria & airport taxis?

thank you for your response. can you tell me how much that is in GBP please so I have an idea.

I'll get some DEET 20% then - thanks for the advice.

any advice on malaria tablets?

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bamburi Beach help please - malaria & airport taxis?

ALL usage for your use of malarial tablets only to be discussed with your GP here on TA ,we can however ,advise the cheapest pharmacy to buy them from.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,869 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bamburi Beach help please - malaria & airport taxis?

1500 k shillings is about 11/12 pounds

6. Re: Bamburi Beach help please - malaria & airport taxis?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2012, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa
Recent Conversations