We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Voi Safari Lodge

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Voi Safari Lodge

Hi my wife and myself are going to Kenya 25th April,

We have looked at a Safari, one Lodge being Voi, is this Lodge O.K. to stay at, The other is Salt lick Lodge, any help would be great.

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Voi Safari Lodge

Not sure if the voi is gd Bt I know we have booked a two day safari tsavo east/west and r having lunch at the voi then we stay at kilaguni serena lodge for the night as this is suppose to b very good

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Voi Safari Lodge

Voi is beautiful and for me has one of the most breathtaking views, I know the rooms were a bit "tired" and I believe they have had some refubishments but whether the curtains / rooms were smart or shabby Voi is lovely ask for room 6 and see the bats hanging near the stairwell.

maidstone kent
Level Contributor
453 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Voi Safari Lodge

i would agree with drakesdrum about voi, some people dont like it but sitting there with your sundowner looking out over the plains is really wonderful. stayed at saltlick once it was a very nice lodge[part of the hilton group when we were there] went down for a swim after game drive and there were warthogs drinking out the pool, classic

uk
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Voi Safari Lodge

Hi John Voi is amazing, the views are spectacuar. Ngulia I would also recommend, they put meat out for a leopard in the evening and we were lucky enough to also see two rhinos at the waterhole. I have never been to salt lick lodge but have heard great reviews. I always book through Mustafa www.safari-holiday-kenya.co.uk I can highly recommend them, good prices and graet guides. Hope this helps. Have a great holiday :)

PRESTON
Level Contributor
70 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Voi Safari Lodge

The views from Voi are fantastic and the pool is really nice, just make sure you keep your windows well closed as the baboons are very good at getting in and pinching things.

We stayed at Saltlick in Feb this year and saw lots of large herds of elephants,zebra, giraffes etc but nothing like cheetah or leopard.

There is not a swimming pool at Saltlick you have to go to their sister hotel.

Nairobi Region...
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Voi Safari Lodge

safari-hotels.com/kslh/photogallery/vsl.php…

maidstone kent
Level Contributor
453 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Voi Safari Lodge

yes you are right, the pool with the warthogs drinking out of it was taita hills

8. Re: Voi Safari Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 07:18