We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TAXI prices idea ? Mombasa Airport ?

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cardiff
Level Contributor
29 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
TAXI prices idea ? Mombasa Airport ?

Hello,

can someone please help me i need to have a ROUGH idea of Taxi cost from Mombasa Airport to Diani / Tiwi Beach and also from Ukunda Airport to Diani/ Tiwi Beach ?

would be much appreciated, I need to get my budget together before I leave in 3 weeks !

Thanks for your help

edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TAXI prices idea ? Mombasa Airport ?

Using our usual tour operator Ferdinand Mwangwa of Beach Tours and safaris the cost to Tiwi from Moi would be 4000khs and from Ukunda airstrip to Tiwi would be 1700khs.

Has a very confortable safari new van for transfers.

Edited: 28 July 2011, 10:42
Mombasa, Kenya
Level Contributor
109 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TAXI prices idea ? Mombasa Airport ?

Well,the taxi cost from Mombasa airport (moi international airport) to Diani/Tiwi is K sh 3000 and from Ukunda airstrip to Diani/Tiwi is K sh 1200

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TAXI prices idea ? Mombasa Airport ?

Moi to Tiwi Beach should be Ksh3100 (as least it was last September) and to Diani from Ksh3700, depending on destination.

Ukunda airport (Diani Beach) to Tiwi is more negotiable Ksh1700 sounds about right but you might get it for less.

Ukunda airport to Diani Beach starts at Ksh200 for the nearest properties, but depends how far you're going (Ksh1200 would be 10-12km away at the southern end of the beach road.

Richard

Mombasa Kenya
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: TAXI prices idea ? Mombasa Airport ?

lilacadventures.com/index.php/about-us/car with Ukunda airstrip to Tiwi being 1500.

Limerick, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: TAXI prices idea ? Mombasa Airport ?

How much is a taxi from Mombasa airport to Mombasa centre? Is there a bus service?

UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TAXI prices idea ? Mombasa Airport ?

There's no bus, sadly. Don't pay more than Ksh1000 for a cab (lots of those). Ksh100 per kilometre is about the going rate, though prices are rising as fuel prices increase.

Have a good trip!

Richard

Nairobi
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: TAXI prices idea ? Mombasa Airport ?

There is a shuttle that runs from Mombasa airport to the city centre. Drop off point is on Moi Avenue. Charges are 150/- pp. Great if you're staying in the City Centre otherwise save yourself the hassle and take a cab from the airport.

Expect to pay 3500/4000 from Moi Airport to Diani (Yankari you must be tough haggler). Certainly all quotes at the airport will be over 4000.

Ukunda to Diani/Tiwi- really depends on the exact location but above prices are a good indication.

Mombasa
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: TAXI prices idea ? Mombasa Airport ?

Thanks,from moi internatinal airport to tiwi diani the coast will be approxmatelly 3000ksh and from Diani 1100ksh.But depends on your arrangements.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,972 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TAXI prices idea ? Mombasa Airport ?

The shuttle for Kshs 150/- i excellent value for money. After you exit the arrivals hall, head towards the car park. The shuttle is always parked in the first bay on the left. It will drop you to Caste Hotel in the city.

UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TAXI prices idea ? Mombasa Airport ?

NairobiTaxis: probably not tough enough! By the way, you need to read the whole thread before contributing (we've made the same mistake often enough!): my second reply was to poster #5.

Please tell us about this shuttle bus, though, which sounds a bit too good to be true! It would be a godsend. What's the schedule, and is there a website for the service?

Have a look at my profile and you'll see why I need to know…

Richard