We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mombasa weather late Oct/early Nov

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
279 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Mombasa weather late Oct/early Nov

We are planning a 10 day trip to Mombasa leaving on 24 Oct, staying on the beach, with a 2 night safari(probably). I spoke to someone who said that this is the time for the short rains. Does anyone know how long these short rains last in general and would it interfer with the enjoyment of the holiday :)

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,328 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mombasa weather late Oct/early Nov

Hi,

Please see my answer to a similar question yesterday

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294206-i9216-k4…

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
794 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mombasa weather late Oct/early Nov

Nothing to do with the weather .Just wanted to say like your photo Doff. Should hopefully be able to recognise you in one of your haunts in October !! :- 0

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,328 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mombasa weather late Oct/early Nov

Hi,

It was taken yesterday by the daughter of the owners of one of my haunts who was playing around with my phone, so I posted it along with a response to a post on another thread implying I might like a drink

London, United...
Level Contributor
990 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mombasa weather late Oct/early Nov

I was in the area, well Watamu, at exactly that time last year and had no major issues. The ‘short rains’ aren’t that bad, as Doff has said; they blast in and are gone just as quick, they’re quite fun to watch really and won't ruin your holiday.

Doff – Arrrhh, I thought you had only changed it to include the glass to take the pee about my beer festival hangover!

5. Re: Mombasa weather late Oct/early Nov

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 00:16