We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

last minute hotel

Wau, South Sudan
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
last minute hotel

Hi All

The hotel I was planning on staying at is full ....any recommendations for affordable (30-60usd) hotels or rentals in Mombasa or nearby areas?

My requirements are pretty basic - clean, hot water maybe even ac. If there's a swimming pool or other amenities then even better.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated as I fly Friday but have nothing booked/planned!

Shanzu, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: last minute hotel

Try the Kahama in Bamburi. Web Site address below:-

http://www.kahamahotel.co.ke/

Wau, South Sudan
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: last minute hotel

Thanks so much, but theyre the ones who are full at least for my first weekend. You made that recommendation to me before and it seemed like the perfect option but I was in the bush without internet, so couldnt book. Anything else similar that you know of? Appreciate it.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,925 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: last minute hotel

You might find something in Nyali for that price range. Have a look here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294210-i9512-k467…

"Shades of Africa" sounds good..

whatson.co.ke/entertainment/shades-of-africa…

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
262 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: last minute hotel

Kenya Bay is situated right next to Kahama. I haven't stayed there myself but due to location have suggested it.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
56 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: last minute hotel

Paradise villas Diani beach hads been recommended to me.

http://www.live-kenya.com

uk
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: last minute hotel

at nyali there is kigotho self catering apartments, clean tidy , large kitchen and living area , swimming pool about 3000 to 3500ksh a night

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
262 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: last minute hotel

Wow, Kigothos certainly brings back great memories. We used to go there when young before a night out. They used to have amazing Nyama Choma (Kenyan BBQ) in a cosy setting.

8. Re: last minute hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2012, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa