We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 day safari from mombasa

uk
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
2 day safari from mombasa

iam wanting to take a 2 day safari to tsavo east or west soon,what price will i looking at and what are the best/worst operators

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 day safari from mombasa

My recommendation is Glorious Safaris. Used them in Feb for a 6 day safari of the parks you mentioned and booked a 15 day trip with them for next year. Plenty of reviews on here but I'd recommend dropping them a line - shadrack@glorioussafaris.com - and they'll be able to advise further and also provide a quote.

We emailed quite a few and found them to be very good on cost!

2. Re: 2 day safari from mombasa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 November 2011, 11:05
Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
4,309 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 day safari from mombasa

we used Southern Cross, who were very professional and warned us of the bad road conditions to Tsavo due to road works at that time. They also organised our flights to Zanzibar and booked the hotel of our choice and arranged airport transfers etc.

However, many tourists seem happy to use the safaris offered by the beach boys on the beach. None of the boys offered the info. re the road works ( 2 extra hours travelling) and I immediatley had my doubts on their honesty when they showed me a photo of the lodge that they claimed they used in Tsavo. Fortunately, I had stayed at this lodge the previous year and knew the name to be different to the one they were offering. Having said all that, most tourists at our hotel seemed to have had a good time with the beach boys.

Mentioned in this post
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Archipelago, Tanzania
4. Re: 2 day safari from mombasa

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 November 2011, 14:05
Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
207 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 day safari from mombasa

we did use one of the boys from the beach (john, wears, shirt and tie and carries a briefcase ouside of diani sea resort) works for wt safaris and we went with another couple who we met on holiday, negogiated a great deal 3days 2nights £240 each with only us in the van and lodges superb, aurba in tsavo east and saltlicks at tsavo west.....good luck and enjoy!

uk
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 day safari from mombasa

does this company have a websie.

5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 day safari from mombasa

Hi,

Used MICS for a three days safari to Maasai mara safari and a two night safari to Tsavo and would definitely recommend them for their good work. All booked ahead of our Kenya Holiday.

Their web address is www.micssfaris.com

Reached my decision after remarkable reviews out here.

Sue

Mentioned in this post
Masai Mara National Reserve
Masai Mara National...
Rift Valley Province, Kenya
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
8. Re: 2 day safari from mombasa

Removed on: 17 November 2011, 07:37
Mombasa
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 day safari from mombasa

Hi SafcUK,

There are plenty of local tour operators in Mombasa/Diani Beach. You may do the search and hopefully you will find a reputable company to deal with. I always use Ringo Safaris in Diani beach. You can try them also.

Good luck in planing your safari.

John.

Mentioned in this post
Mombasa
Mombasa
Coast Province, Kenya
Diani Beach
Diani Beach
1,263 Reviews
Diani Beach, Kenya
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 day safari from mombasa

Whoever you use if they try to stick you in the Hippo River Lodge and Spa run for cover. I just returned and our opertaor booked us in there and it was terrible. We actually got a refund from our tour operator.