We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Neptune Beach Resort Bamburi vs The Reef Nyali

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
127 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Neptune Beach Resort Bamburi vs The Reef Nyali

Just been told by accommodation agent On the Beach, that for "Operational Reasons", I will not be able to stay at The Reef Hotel which I booked in April during Christmas and New Year. I can't believe they have just found out the place is full!

They have offered me the nearby Neptune Beach Resort as an alternative. Am I a winner in this lottery can anyone tell me?. Both hotels get good reviews on here.

With thanks - John

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Neptune Beach Resort Bamburi vs The Reef Nyali

Hi,

its a long time since i stayed at Reef and i have never used Neptune so cant comment on the hotels.

They are however on seperate beaches. The beach at Reef (Nyali beach) is alot quieter than Bamburi beach where Neptune is, I can at least tell you that until someone fills you in about the two hotels.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Neptune Beach Resort Bamburi vs The Reef Nyali

Hi John - there is a distinct difference btwn the beaches where the 2 hotels are located. Neptune is on Bamburi which tends to get very crowded especially during holiday season. Pity, b'coz Reef is a very good hotel.

Ultimately, you will need to decide btwn beach location b'coz there are other options in Nyali like Bahari Beach.

Read the review here:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294210-d670374…

Website - http://www.baharibeach.net/

Review on Neptune are all (+).

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1062161-d50069…

In Bamburi, also consider Severin.

severin-kenya.com/english/…

I've stayed at both Reef & Severin, no complaints.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
262 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Neptune Beach Resort Bamburi vs The Reef Nyali

The beach in Bamburi is far buiser (but still nice) but the Neptune is a better hotel. I'm sorry to say I do not like the Reef at all. In my opinion there is no comparison. I wouldn't call it a lottery win, but I think you will have benefitted from this change in your itinerary.

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Neptune Beach Resort Bamburi vs The Reef Nyali

ukjohnh... I have stopped off and had a look at the Neptune for you and I have also stayed many times in Reef - the Reef is bigger but Neptune is very nice - clean light rooms Nice bathroom and clean lavatory ...you will be fine ..

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
127 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Neptune Beach Resort Bamburi vs The Reef Nyali

Thank-you so much for your inputs they are much appreciated!

6. Re: Neptune Beach Resort Bamburi vs The Reef Nyali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2012, 10:18