We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safaris

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
glasgow
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
safaris

is it better and cheaper to book a safari in britain or book it when we get to kenya

Augsburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,696 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safaris

Hi,

well, you can e-mail some local tour operators in Kenya from here and ask for prices. Than you have the chance to fell your decision, if you book here in advance or if you are there.

It depends also at what time of the year you want to go (low or high season) or if you are interested in a certain accomodation.

We are always booking from here via e-mail with a local kenyan tour operator and made only the best experiences.

If you have questions - feel free to ask.

Bye

Chrissy

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,585 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: safaris

Logic dictates that if you have arranged a Safari from home and early it must be better than waiting until you arrive to find one. You have all the time to chop and change and ensure it is what you wish whereas on arrival you have severe time constraints and must make a decision quickly on what is offered. (If at a peak time then only the 'dregs' will be left.)

Boston...
Level Contributor
817 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: safaris

I started planning my Kenya trip 11 months in advance :)

Coming from the USA and knowing it was most likely a "once in a lifetime" trip, I was not willing to take any chances that I wouldn't get what I wanted

Mombasa, Kenya
Level Contributor
109 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: safaris

Well it is better you book and arrange while still in Britain.This also depends on what time or season you want to make the safari.If it is high season you must book in advance to make things easier like fixing of the accommodation.

This will also give you time to choose between the options you would be given by the tour operator you will contact

5. Re: safaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2012, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa
Recent Conversations