We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dolphin hotel shanzu

Cardiff, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
dolphin hotel shanzu

does anybody know who has taken over the hotel since the collapse of African Safari Club as i want to go back this year having lost the holiday 2011

torremolinos
Level Contributor
244 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dolphin hotel shanzu

dont think anyone has, not 100 percent though.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dolphin hotel shanzu

There is a rumour an Indian company has bought some of it, but like i say it is a "rumour".

Cardiff, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: dolphin hotel shanzu

thanks will keep searching

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,478 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dolphin hotel shanzu

Hi,

Don't expect a holiday at anything like the price of an ASC one, the former ASC hotels are in process of being refurbished and upgraded to a much higher standard, and will be run using proper business practices (for instance they pay taxes, bills and their staff) so they will be mush more expensive. It will also be some time before they appear in any package companies brochures if at all. The one that has re-opened is operating independently and seems to be targeting the domestic market primarily at the moment

This is what the former ASC Flamingo is like now

http://www.emraldhotels.com/

The same company has taken over another ASC Shanzu hotel, the Paradise

Cardiff, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: dolphin hotel shanzu

Many thanks for the info, can i ask do you know the name of the other two hotels in shanzu not belonging to ASC?

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,478 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dolphin hotel shanzu

Hi Ann,

They are the 5 star Serena, probably the best hotel on the North Coast and the Continental, popular with Kenyans and Europeans

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dolphin hotel shanzu

I emailed the Flamingo today for prices and in less than half hour I recieved this reply:

Please note that we will forward you the rates as soon as we are certain

of the exact date that we will open Emrald Flamingo Beach Club.

not soon enough for this lovely hotel .beach location and the shops !!

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: dolphin hotel shanzu

Sme ethopian guy..bt i promise u it wil be much beta place

Ascot
Level Contributor
1,762 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: dolphin hotel shanzu

Following on from this can anybody enlighten me as to the current situation with The Shanzu Paradise Hotel ? Presumably it is closed but is it being developed ?

10. Re: dolphin hotel shanzu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2013, 06:16