We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Masai Nara with JT Safaris

devon,uk
Level Contributor
319 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Masai Nara with JT Safaris

hi all, Staying at Baobab mid June and looking to do a 2 night,3 day fly safari to Masai Mara. Haven't yet contacted Julius so would be grateful if anyone could give us an approximate cost of such a trip before we do.

many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Baobab Beach Resort & Spa
Baobab Beach Resort & Spa
1,675 Reviews
Diani Beach, Kenya
Paul Safaris
City Tours, Multi-day Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips, Safaris
Jumbo Kenya Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Multi-day Tours, Safaris
Dubai, United Arab...
14 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Masai Nara with JT Safaris

"looking to do a 2 night,3 day fly safari to Masai Mara" and "Lodges we have looked at are Ashnil Aruba & Kilanguni which seem to have good ratings on here"

I guess there some complication somewhere because you want to visit Maasai Mara and you want to lodge Ashnil Aruba & Kilanguni which are in Tsavo East.please just clarify your trip for good advise and support

Mentioned in this post
Masai Mara National Reserve
Masai Mara National...
Rift Valley Province, Kenya
Leeds
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Masai Nara with JT Safaris

Venrhino, you've posted a lot of strange things lately......

Read all of the thread.

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,427 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Masai Nara with JT Safaris

Read all the posts then you will see why they want to visit Kilaguni and Aruba

devon,uk
Level Contributor
319 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Masai Nara with JT Safaris

Lol,you 2 have have beaten me to it ! Was just about to say read the thread & you may understand a little more about what I am talking about !!

Dubai, United Arab...
14 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Masai Nara with JT Safaris

leeds & bruce thanks for making me understand

cheers

barnsley
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Masai Nara with JT Safaris

Have done both Tsavo East and West and also the Masai Mara with JT Safaris. If you can afford the extra I would go for the Masai mara - it is in my opinion a far better safari.

We paid £900 each for 3nights/4days in Little Governors and that was in high season. It prob would have cost about £100 less if we waited until we arrived to book. Julius is great and very helpful - he will make sure you have an amazing time now matter where you go.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Masai Nara with JT Safaris

have a look at Big 7 Kitheka Safaris, Daniel did us Masai Mara for £580.

buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Masai Nara with JT Safaris

We paid just over £600 each for 3days staying at big governors in the Mara with JT. And worth every penny.

Having done Tsavo and Mara I would go or the Mara every time. You will pay about £200 or a 2 day in Tsavo so I personally spend the extra and go to the Mara.

Yes the roads to Tsavo gate are good but once you get inside the park they are not good and you spend a lot of time on these roads between east and west and between lodges. Again go or the Mara better travelling in the park and you don't seam to spend as much time rushing around on bad roads to find animals.

Also it is a LONG drive to and from Tsavo.

But most importantly if you want the better game viewing go to the Mara, this park far out shines Tasvo.

Over all if you can afford it Mara every time for me

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Masai Nara with JT Safaris

Just to add - came back last week and did a 3 day/2 night-er staying at Ashnil & Kilaguni but coming from Watamu rather than Mombasa...

If I was doing it again I would just spend the two nights in Tsavo East rather than trek all the way to West (it was almost 5 hours drive back to Watamu for us), Tsavo East had amazing game, we were stopping almost every few minutes!

We preferred Kilaguni as a lodge but saw very little game in Tsavo West by comparison and you spend a lot of time travelling between the two parks so no real time to relax. We paid £383 each for our Safari but we did have a private van (very much worth it).

I just finished editing this today...go easy on me, it's my first ever attempt at movie making!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA9GW4phRbg

Edited: 09 April 2012, 00:22
Mentioned in this post
Watamu
Watamu
Coast Province, Kenya
Mombasa
Mombasa
Coast Province, Kenya
devon,uk
Level Contributor
319 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Masai Nara with JT Safaris

Thanks for your replys folks,

Still cant decide what to do though,if we do Tsavo we had our hearts set on staying at Kilaguni,now if not so much animal activity, not so sure !!!!!!!!!

Get answers to your questions about Mombasa