We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jabs and AMs

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
406 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
jabs and AMs

Hi folks. I am writing on behalf of my sister who is off to kenya in June.having been to the gambia last year i am aware of the potential for over cautious practice nurses sslling hundreds of pounds of innoculations.Can you please advise us on whagwddoand don't need

manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: jabs and AMs

Hopefully that's what you've got now Chalky. Only thing i would add is that travel clinics sometimes offer cholera routinely. I wouldn't have that if they do offer it.

Hope your sister has a wonderful trip!

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
11,208 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: jabs and AMs

"But if I had taken my surgery' advise I would have been innoculated against Saturday Night Fever"

lol :)

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: jabs and AMs

One of the better posts. NO innoculation works for that does it?

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
11,208 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: jabs and AMs

no. but i may have a spray... :D

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
3,909 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: jabs and AMs

Hope no one gets bent out of shape, but I need to add some levity (at least to me). Every time I read and get involved in this topic I always notice "Consult your doctor." It, of course, comes before, after or in the middle of all the information we toss out there trying to be helpful. But every time I see that phrase I think of "Miss Congeniality." See below and substitute "Consult your doctor" for "World Peace." ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1ZOWwW2agQ

Edited: 16 April 2012, 23:18
Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
11,208 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: jabs and AMs

LOL good one :)

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,327 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: jabs and AMs

Chalky,

Re Yellow fever, I see a few people have told you (correctly) that it is not mandatory, you will not be asked for the certificate, there is also an infinitesimal chance of catching it.. There has only ever been one outbreak in Kenya and the last case from that was reported in 1995.

Whether you have it or not is a personal decision, the FAQ on the right contains lots of info to help people make that decision

Telford, Shropshire
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: jabs and AMs

Shawn - wouldn't need to innoculate me against Saturday Night Fever, I wouldn't have a problem catching a touch of the Travolta's......!

Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: jabs and AMs

Val & mfuwe, you are quite correct (no offense taken, mfuwe!). I did say it was just my opinion . . .

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: jabs and AMs

None given.