We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visas

renfrew scotland
Level Contributor
50 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
visas

Hi again,another question for you.Im thinking of sending off to the Kenyan High Commision for Visas.Is it worth the bother,will it save time at the airport?is there a seperate queue for those with visas or do we all stand in the same line?.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visas

Hi, yes it is worthy the bother, because when you arrive at the aiport you have to que with other visitors who have no visa to apply for your visa and sometimes it could be quite a group!.

Telford, Shropshire
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visas

Despite there being queues for people with/without visas and queues for others - it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference! The only positive for you will be that once you do get to the counter, you will get through quicker (i.e. you won't have to apply for the visa and hand the money over).

Min x (PS - I always send off for one but I usually have multi visit visas, I'm not sure it's worth it for a one off visit visa)

Bristol
Level Contributor
22 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visas

PS. If you book a package holiday with Virgin, their lovely airport rep Priscilla will whisk you to the front of the queue - no waiting in line behind the other hot and weary folk.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visas

I've done it both ways. It was no faster to have the visa in advance than buying it on arrival. It does help to download the form and have that filled out in advance as when you get there, you will probably be tired and it is quite warm. So at least I didn't have to hunt through my information to fill in the papers. There were several lines to stand in but the only ones that seemed to be moving quickly were the ones for Residents. Even if you held up your passport showing that you already had a visa, you were directed to lines where some people had visas and some did not. I was watching a little more closely this time, and of the 2 lines I could choose from, ours did seem to move a little slower. So my guess is that it has to do a little more with the person working at the desk. There was a person ahead of me that had a problem with their $50 being too old, and another one that seemed to have a problem having their fingerprints scanned. But if you're lucky enough to get through the visa line fast, you'll probably spend more time waiting at baggage claim for the bags to be offloaded. The good thing if you get your visa on arrival is that you a) don't have to provide photos and b) don't run the risk of losing your passport through the mail.

5. Re: visas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 09:17