We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Airport to Voyager Beach Resort

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
derby
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Airport to Voyager Beach Resort

Anyone tell me the going rate for a taxi from Mombasa airport to The Voyager ...... I know a lot of haggling will be required, but would be good to have an idea of prices

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Airport to Voyager Beach Resort

Should be around 2500. Most taxis operate a fixed price.

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,058 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Airport to Voyager Beach Resort

Why not contact voyager and ask them to arrange for one of their taxis to collect you? Since they stopped operating their people carrier they arrange taxis. I recall they quoted around 1800/- back in July so it probably has gone up a little since then.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,325 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Airport to Voyager Beach Resort

For a long time the going rate for taxis at the coast was around 100/= per km, and it is still a good guide though you are likely to be asked for more as petrol costs have risen greatly in the last 18 months or so. The distance from the airport to Voyager is around 15 to 17 kms depending on the route, so you would have been able to get a local 'independent' taxi to do the trip for between 1,500/- and 1,800/- , petrol has gone up but tourist business has dropped and there is a lot of competition so I would say anything around 1,800/- to 2,000 would be a good price and 2,500 for a good quality 'official' taxi would be a little bit steep but not a rip-off.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Airport to Voyager Beach Resort

The price should be 2500-3000 and you better go for a taxi with a priority pass at Kenya ferry due to long que which have been exprienced of late out of there go slow.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,325 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Airport to Voyager Beach Resort

Jonesj,

Voyager is in Nyali on the North Coast, not on the South coast. The ferry is irrelevant

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Airport to Voyager Beach Resort

Thanks doff

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi Airport to Voyager Beach Resort

The ferry issue is realy irritating this days

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi Airport to Voyager Beach Resort

Me I would also like to ask, how many kilometers from sarova whitesands beach hotel to voyager beach resort? Or are the two hotels found on the same location?

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,058 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi Airport to Voyager Beach Resort

I'm not very good at distance so I'll guess at 3 or 4 kilometres - someone will verify. Either a taxi, tuk tuk or a combination of matatu and walking to get there.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,325 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi Airport to Voyager Beach Resort

Hi,

Its around 5kms between them, Whitesands is on Bamburi Beach and Voyager is on Nyali Beach. Their locations are marked on the map in the FAQs at the top right of this page