We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First choice/thomsons cancelling voyager bookings

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
First choice/thomsons cancelling voyager bookings

We have been informed today that our holiday to Voyager, which was booked over ten months ago has been cancelled. Reason given was that they don't have a contract with the resort any longer. Have been basically told 'tough' and offered an inferior resort miles away. Anyone else having similar problems? Pretty stuck now as safaris arranged already, we were due to go in three weeks time. Feel very let down by First Choice!

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First choice/thomsons cancelling voyager bookings

where have they offered you ?

I have heard that next year almost all of the hotels in the North Coast are only offering B&B or Half Board ..

Surrey
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First choice/thomsons cancelling voyager bookings

Amati Tiwi in the South, which we don't want. Ccompletely mucked up our plans which all revolve around Nyali.

Ilford, United...
Level Contributor
400 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First choice/thomsons cancelling voyager bookings

Amani Tiwi is a 4T Platinum "new for winter 2012/13" according to the brochure (sad I know, but we're already planning next year's holiday and we only got back last Tues!) however it is south coast not north

Can you maybe ask for Severin Sea Lodge which is in Bamburi?

Surrey
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First choice/thomsons cancelling voyager bookings

It is the location that is more important to us really, we were repeat visitors to the Voyager and had planned all of our trips/safari in advance - attempting to be organised for a change.

The Amani looks fine - just in the wrong location for us. Looking at posts on this forum as far back as July it looks like First Choice had already taken the decision to pull out of North Coast hotels, which I think is a real shame.

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,719 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First choice/thomsons cancelling voyager bookings

Can't you try contacting the Voyager direct and see what they can do for you as loyal repeat clients? See if you can get them to match the price it would cost you to do the trip independently.

Richard

Cardiff
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First choice/thomsons cancelling voyager bookings

So sorry that you have been messed about DiggerSurrey. Suspect that there will be a lot of unhappy people around on forums shortly because so many people are repeat visitors to the Voyager.My wife would be going spare if we had received an email changing our hotel at such short notice!!

But, back in April the Voyager had "vanished" from the standard First Choice/Thomson offerings, nobody seemed to know why altho' it was suggested that the hotel wanted to jack up the prices - it could only be booked thru Hays and Jarvis or Thomson Worldwide.

Fortunately for me when I costed the Voyager up for a return visit this October thru the Thomson Worldwide site, it actually came out much more expensive than the Baobab including an upgrade ,so didn't book the Voyager!

Wonder if people who flew out last night are being told of the hotel change on arrival??

Bristol, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First choice/thomsons cancelling voyager bookings

Hi, what dates are you travelling, we've booked with First Choice and are due to fly on Friday???

derby
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First choice/thomsons cancelling voyager bookings

Digger did you ask if you could make your own travel arrangements to and from Voyager ? Maybe they would offer some compensation for your taxi costs ?

I am due to fly out on Monday to Voyager .... not heard anything YET ! But I will be putting up a fight if i do get a call ....

Hopefully see you there Nicola H

Bristol, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: First choice/thomsons cancelling voyager bookings

Hi Mamabe,

i havent heard anytyhing yet...But one thing i will say First Choice will not be my first choice next year!!!

We'll be on our safari on Monday due back at the Voyager on Wednesday...see you there :-)

mombasa
Level Contributor
81 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First choice/thomsons cancelling voyager bookings

You can still book Voyager through other agents like Kuoni, Somak, Hayes & Jarvis etc I mean for those who havent already booked and paid through First choice.