We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baobab beach resort diani beach

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Topic
baobab beach resort diani beach

We are planning a holiday for next year to the baobab beach resort -can find no reviews for this hotel (this hotel is new to kuoni) has anybody been there, would appreciate any comments before we book as this will be our first time to kenya.

wales
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: baobab beach resort diani beach

we too are about to book a trip for august staying @ the baobab, thier web sit paints a lovely picture of the accommodation and surroundings but its always good to hear it from someone who has been. any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Kenya
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: baobab beach resort diani beach

Baoabab beach resort is one of the best in Diani Beach, you cannot go wrong, good value for your money. Other hotels that are equally good are Leopard Beach Hotel, Leisure lodge Resort, Diani Reef and Indian Ocean Beach Club.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: baobab beach resort diani beach

Hi thanks for your reply, so pleased to hear some positive response - we are about to book and also arrange a safari - we will be keeping in touch with tripadvisor and hopfully have a well planned holiday. We found tripadviser extremelly helpfull this year Any information or tips would be appreciated.

wales
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: baobab beach resort diani beach

great , many thanks, we have now booked for mid august and are EXTREMELY EXCITED about the whole trip. we`l be doing a 4 day safari 1st then 6 nights @ the baobab. will definatly report our holiday on our return for others interested in this accommodation..

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: baobab beach resort diani beach

Hi am really pleased to hear u have booked the Baobab Beach Resort hope u have a wonderful holiday I AM SURE U WILL. Would appreciate a full report and any tips u pick up - our booking is for next August so we have plenty of time to plan. We are leaving in a couple of weeks time to holiday in sri lanka and promise a full report on our return

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: baobab beach resort diani beach

Hi to alski - if u have returned from your trip from baobab beach resort please could u post a review we are keen to book for a wedding next year and would be so pleased to hear any comments u may have. If anybody has been to the BAOBAB BEACH RESORT on Diani Beach I would appreciate any tips.

wales
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: baobab beach resort diani beach

hello blondie, thanks for your e-mail, i bet your`re dying to know what baobab is like.....well are you ?? .......we arrived at the baobab after 4 days safari at samburu, treetops and lake nakuru which was amazing by the way. when we arrived at the hotel reception @ 8.30 pm the receptionist was very welcoming and the 1st impression was that this was more like 5 star not 4 star. we were told not to worry about checking in yet and to help our selves to some food 1st so we walked past some kenyan beds with peaople just relaxing on then around to the restaurant which blew us away. there are 8/9 chefs at thier own grill cooking up all kinds of fresh meat, fish and vegetable dishes. we had grilled baracuda the 1st night with corriander and lime with a load of beautifully cooked veg. we were amazed by the amount of choice of food available there. every night there was a massive array of beef, pork, chicken, lamb, fish and so much more on offer along with spices, sauces and amazing cakes and deserts. we were showed to our garden view bungalow in imaculate beautiful gardens and the room was spacious with a huge bed lovely bathroom and a balcony overlooking the gardens. you could just about see the sea through the trees but sea view rooms are also available. make sure when you arrive there to tip the porter around 50 shillings p/bag as they rely on tips for thier main income. breakfast is served at 7 - 10 and you can have anything you can imagine, same applies for lunch ( you may have guessed by now the food is very good ! ) there are aroud 20 staff there who will offer different activities - football, tennis, volleyball, kite surfing etc and they are always saying `jambo` (hello) and generally make you feel very welcome there. we did attempt a romantic stroll down the diani beach but found it difficult as there are loads of kenyans following you to try to sell you things from thier beach shops - best thing to say we found was `we bought wood carvings from you yestarday` and they usually say thank you politely but they are still very nice about it anyway. if you speak to your kuoni rep `shadrak` he will give you info of day excursions available like swimming with dolphins and glass bottom boat trips + much more. we didnt go on any trips during our stay there as we needed to chill after a draining 4 day safari but if you are only doing a hotel holiday you can spice it up on day excursions if you like. most of the guests are german at the baobab and there was only 1 other british family there but i must say everyone spoke to us and we found all the guests to be just happy to be in such a beautiful place like us. there is a show on every night there we saw acrobats twice which were excellent and some traditional kenyan singing and dancing which we loved - the kenyan music is very enchanting. some of the couples we were with on safari stayed at the diani sea resort and the voyager and we went to thier hotels one day to catch up for a day and i must admit baobab was by far the nicest not to say they werent nice just not up to the high standard of the baobab. if you have any other questions about baobab please do not hesitate to ask or if you are thinking of doing safari aswell i will gladly tell you what we did and what we saw. in short baobab is absolutly paradise on the indian ocean !

alski

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: baobab beach resort diani beach

'jambo' alski - thanks so much for your reply - i was so pleased to hear u had such a wonderful time at the baobab beach and that your safari was also brill. We have now booked for next year and are planning 7 nights at the hotel followed by 4 night safari and then back to the hotel for a further stay, 2 other members of the family will be going on to stay at the Cove treetops. I am now feeling extremely exited and carn't wait to show the rest of the family your reply. I am sure they will have a million questions with regard to the hotel and safari i hope u will not mind if at some point soon i send another post. We have just returned from sri lanka and will be posting a review fairly soon. We stayed at the club hotel dolphin and had a wonderful time, although i would only class the dolphin a a good 3 star - the high light of the trip was a visit to see the elephants, so i am now looking forward to the safari more than ever. thanks again

wales
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: baobab beach resort diani beach

blondie what have you done ? hope you havent booked the baobab its rubbish really...

only joking you`ll have the time of your life there ! any questions re safari just ask - `acuna matata` ( no problem )

kind regards

alski

VCE
Italy
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: baobab beach resort diani beach

Hi Alski,

this is Italy writeing,

I'm planning going to Baobab Beach Resort For christmas with my wife, can you tell me if there is a Kitesurf school in the resort?

Thanks