We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenya Visa's

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kenya Visa's

Hi,

Does anyone know how to get a visa online?

Preferably with Thomas Cook?

They said it should be about £30 but I can only find it for £60odd. I dont wanna queue after a long flight and a lot of travelling!

Thanks.

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,719 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Kenya Visa's

Good to hear that the old form is still being accepted.

What do people think about the *revised Kenya High Commission website* (which is where the new form lives)?

http://kenyahighcom.org.uk/

Richard

Bize-Minervois...
Level Contributor
436 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Kenya Visa's

That is really interesting Richard, I will fill out both! I presume question 2D relates to one's husband/wife and not our parents! Must have a look at the new embassy site but thanks for the info

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,327 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Kenya Visa's

The 'new' form - Form 22 has been around a while it seems see this thread form around 6 months ago

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294206-i9216-k6…

It does seem to be that they are synchronising themselves, the Immigration Dept's website now carries only Form 22 the same as the High Commission's

wales
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Kenya Visa's

hi I am confused also, I am traveling to mombasa via nairobi on the V1 form it says to tick one box only for a single entry visa or transit visa ? do I need a transit visa for my connecting flight ? therefore do I need to fill out 2 forms ? I am not stopping in nairobi just changing flights .

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,327 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Kenya Visa's

Jayne,

You enter the country at Nairobi. That is where you get your visa. You do not need anything for travelling from Nairobi to Mombasa as that is a domestic flight, like flying from London to Manchester.

You need a single trip visa. A transit visa is for someone staying overnight between international flights or passing through the country en route to another country

Insch, Scotland...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Kenya Visa's

We're off to Kenya (from UK) in 2 weeks then onwards to Tanzania, just to clarify we will be as well get visa upon arrival and then again crossing over into Tanzania. I read the cost at border is 50USD is this the same on arrival in Kenya also do we needs passport photo's for each. First time there so clarification appreciated.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,327 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Kenya Visa's

Hi,

For Kenya the cost is $50, 40€ or £30 (but they won't accept Scottish notes) and you don't need passport photos they normally photograph you electronically. They've changed the temporary (post-fire) procedures and moved from the tents they were using when I came through a few weeks ago, so don't know if they have the cameras set up, but it makes no difference, you don't need photos.

Insch, Scotland...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Kenya Visa's

Cheers for the frrdback, I have been advised to take USD as we will be spending 7 out of the 10 days on Safari, and they will take them in Kenya and Tanzania, so won't be a problem with currency.

Appreciated

Brian

CANADA
Level Contributor
162 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Kenya Visa's

Is it the same for Canadian citizens? We have to get the visa upon arrival to Nairobi?

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,327 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Kenya Visa's

Brian,

As you are from the UK there's no point buying dollars for use in Kenya, change some pounds (again not Scottish) at a forex when you get here or just use your debit card in an ATM to withdraw shillings. You'll need shillings for day to day expenses, drinks, shops, tips, etc. If you use dollars you get hit twice buying them and using them, and if you tip anyone in dollars (apart from the guides / drivers who have access to forexs) the staff have difficulty changing them into shillings. If you get stuck, anywhere in Kenya that will accept dollars will also accept pounds but neither will be at a favourable rate.

Can't speak for Tanzania but I guess it may be different as it is a closed currency, you can't bring it out of the country so people don't want to be stuck changing it back as they leave so I suspect more people might use dollars there

3TOGIRLS,

yes citizens of most countries can get a visa on arrival