We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kenya at christmas

berticus
1 post
Save Topic
kenya at christmas

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a few questions.

We are hoping to visit kenya at christmas and am not sure if it is better to book now or if there are any last minute bargains to this destination. Has anyone got a good deal last minute?

Also we are looking for a relaxed hotel, and preferably one that is not too busy (we have never done all inclusive before). We would also like a nice beach. The hotels we have been looking at are severin , turtle bay, sun and sand or neptune paradise. Does anyone know which of these would be most suitable for us.

Any answers would be appreciated.

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kenya at christmas

If you want to fly direct into Mombasa I would book now because the flight's are only on certain days so I would imagine limited availablity. If you fly into Narobi, these are mainly schedule carriers so these will have planes going in everyday, but then you still have to transfer onto Mombasa. If your felixable and can go last minute I'm sure you have a chance of getting something but I'm sure you'd only save a couple of hundred for the Christmas period, I personnally wouldn't risk the chance of not getting the holiday for a few hundred .....but to be honest we travel with kids so like to have it all wrapped up, being prepared and know where were ending up etc

We wanted to head back to the Voyager for Christmas, but have just booked for Jamacia now for Easter (yep, I know 8 mnths away)....but if you want certain airlines, suites etc you have to book in advanced. So we may go next xmas....heard weather wise Christmas would be good and I can imagine the staff and resort being lovely for the occasion. Others will advise about the resorts as we have only stayed at Voyager, loved the resort and service and staff, but I think a few you mention will have better beaches ie. Turtle Bay and sun n sand.....see what the others reccomend.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kenya at christmas

I stayed in mombasa for a few days with my wife just after Xmas but flew into Mombasa on a charter airline coz it was £200 cheaper than scheduled into nairobi. book it by the end of September, that's when thew prices seem to start jumping quite upwards quite dramatically. As for which hotel it depends on what you're actually looking for and there are plenty of other options available and most of the hotels will deal directly with the public and do bargain you get to save quite a bit even in high season

uk
Level Contributor
728 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kenya at christmas

Hi,

we went on the 14th dec 1992 and returned on the 28th, we went for £630 a/i pp. We booked off of teletext and only booked on the 4th dec.

We stayed at the LTI Kaskazi on Diani Beach. We had a fantastic time and wish we had been staying for the New Year, one couple were and they had booked months in advance and had paid about £2000 pp!! They were soooo amazed that we had paid what we had.

We went on safari and also to Funzi Island on christmas day with the boys on the beach - no problem at all but, when we go again we will fly to the safari as the 5 lane road to the Tsavo East was horrendous - no white lines down the road and little tarmac!!!!

Look for a bargain and whatever you do have a wonderful time, I know we will never ever forget what a brilliant time we had.

Jan

weiz
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: kenya at christmas

Kenyan coast is beutiful,Turle Bay could be fully booked light now.Safari at xmass seems expensive by best time.I did it last year.Our guide robert was excellent.Incase u need help get intouch with me by email;

dbaird@kascocorp.com.

Thanks

5. Re: kenya at christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa