We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in jan and bugs/insects!

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
hertfordshire
4 posts
Save Topic
weather in jan and bugs/insects!

what is the weather like in january, as want a tan! also are there a lot of bugs as terrified of them, especially cockroaches. Staying at the Lti Kaskazi Beach Hotel and want to do a 2 night safari. Can you recomend where to go and the best lodges (with minimum bugs!) thanks.

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,874 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in jan and bugs/insects!

Tasha9

Bugs? are there any Bugs??? Of course there are bugs !

thousand of them all sorts , from a dot , to spiders as big as your Hand !!!! Cockroaches like a saucer..... I kid you not........Have you not realised where you are going for a holiday?

This is Africa..........Beautiful....magnificent Africa.... with the most spectacular sunsets ,wonderful crystal clear water,, multi-colour fish of all species, .....bladdy...., bladdy ....bladdy,

But the most wonderful aspect of your holiday will be the genuine welcome from the Kenyan.........absolutly priceless.......

I suggest you just give a quick spray in your lodge just before dinner and there wont be any thing lurking under the bed....

(or will there?????)

Tasha ..just a bit of fun.........

But there are bugs ......... the lodges and tents are quite clean,

the weather in January is hot..very hot... and i think with hindsight a fortnight in spain would have been less stressful......

happy holidays,ed

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in jan and bugs/insects!

You will certainly get a tan.....the sun is very strong down there, more intense than Caribbean sun, (well same sun... but you know what I mean) For example, in Carib the highest I ever used was factor 15 in Kenya I had to go up to a 30.

hertfordshire
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in jan and bugs/insects!

thanks for the reply... really want to go, so going to take my chances with the insects. Hopefully i'll see more animals than insects!

Can handle them outside, just don't like them in my room! And can't wait for some sun and to meet the people of Kenya.

4. Re: weather in jan and bugs/insects!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 03:19
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa
Recent Conversations