We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vogager Resort

Tyne and Wear
1 post
Save Topic
Vogager Resort

We are off to Kenya Jan 07 for two weeks staying at the Voyager. First time in Kenya and a little nervous although excited and really looking forward to it. Bit wary of these beach boys everyone keeps mentioning. How do you politely get rid of them? We are doing a three night Safari booked here. Any advice would be appreciated as to what to take and wear!!

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vogager Resort

well, I think we went wrong on two things:

1) They approach you and offer their name and then they ask your name, they shake your hand and all that business.......we didn't want to be "ugly" tourists and not rude so would reply but saying we would look next time.......or we would buy a few things like beach wraps or order carvings thinking that we have done our bit and they would not approach us next time....that method didn't help. So maybe we should have put our foot down totally.

2) Where we would say, we'll buy before we leave, they would actually punch in that info on there mobiles and take your picture on mobile to go with !!! Then if they see you up near the watersports hut they would call up to you to get you to come down to them. What we should have said was "oh, where here for 3 weeks yet"...but really depart in the 2 weeks.

Alot of people say they had no problems....maybe I just have mug written all over me....but I thought at times we were quite "firm"...hopefully the others here well elaberate on the "firm" as it seemed to work for them.

somerset, england
Level Contributor
267 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vogager Resort

Hi

The inside pages have some useful phrases...in particular:

no thank you vey much = hapana asante sana

I am going to the Voyager in January too and plan to use this a lot!

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vogager Resort

hi,i have lots of advice and info but too much to list really,here's my email address if you want to contact me.We have been to the voyager every year since 1999,so i could give you some tips etc.spiderrod57@yahho.co.uk.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vogager Resort

sorry,my spelling is terrible,my email address is spiderrod57@yahoo.co.uk.i spelt it wrong on my reply yesterday!!

5. Re: Vogager Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 10:23