We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Voyager Beech resort

Ireland
5 posts
Save Topic
Voyager Beech resort

Hi guys,

I've seen that the voyager has gotten fantastic reviews but can you tell me is it a great hotel for a honeymoon....we'd like a couple of days to relax and do nothing but the voyager seems to be very activity orientated.

Can this hotel provide it all?

Relaxation for a few days, activities later, good food, good atmosphere etc.?

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Jill

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Voyager Beech resort

I didn't do any of the schedule activities, other then a quick quiz as I happened to be at the bar at the same time. The animation team are good that they will stop and chat and ask if you want to join in....but theres honestly no pressure and they soon get to know who's not into the sporty things etc.

We found that there was a great mixture of people, single groups, extended families there for weddings, retired people.....everyone was friendly and chatty and the place had a nice feel. The resort is cleverly split up, so if you want it busy it can be or you can relax in peace away from everyone on the lawns or infinity pool. You can go into the cave for a full head to toe massage, one hours worth for under £8....heaven...Food was good, service excellent and yes a nice feel to the place.

cornwall
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Voyager Beech resort

Hi Jill

We stayed at Voyager in September this year, and can honestly say that all the great reviews you read are true and more!! It can be what ever you choose it to be - join in with the activities - relax - your not pressured into joining in anything. We used to stay by the infinity pool, which was just by our room, and just relax! The other pools where a bit more lively. The entertainment in the evenings was great, the food was out of this world, something different every evening - the staff couldn't do enough for you. we saw two or three weddings while we were there, seemed beautifully done. If can help with any other queries, just ask!

sue :)

Ireland
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Voyager Beech resort

Thanks very much guys.

It is great to get the info. We think we might go ahead with the voyager. We were also considering the whitesands as another option from the choice of hotels that our tour operator deals with but the price seems to be a bit over the top!!

How are the beach boys around the voyager? I know they are a fact of life over there but I have seen that some beaches are a bit quieter than others!

What are the rooms in the voyager like...did you go standard..or is upgrading a good idea?

Thanks again

Jill

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Voyager Beech resort

hi,i think u will enjoy the voyager,it can be full of activity or can be as relaxing as u want it to be.

we spent 3 wks there last year and done nothing but relax for the whole time.

although it is a family hotel and there is plenty to do,this wouldnt interfere with people who want to relax as the hotel is big enough for all.and yes,great food,great atmosphere,great people,great country,all u need for a great holiday.

as for the beach boys,there are quite a few but dont let them put u off enjoying the sea,they will pester u for the first few days but if u tell them FIRMLY that u will have a look at there stall before u leave they generally leave u alone.

Happy Holidays!!

sophie

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Voyager Beech resort

hi again,forgot to say about the rooms.yes it is a good idea to upgrade to a superior room.standard rooms are ok but very basic.

superior rooms are more up to date, better decor and have tv,hairdryer,fridge,tea making facilities,2 double beds and better aircon.(remote control)

we usually upgrade before traveling because it used to be cheaper than when u get there.although i have just found out that it is $28 per ROOM per night(through the hotel directly)where as we have paid £10 per PERSON per night (throught the travel company)(there is 3 people in our room) so that works out alot dearer than going throught the hotel.

if u want to contact the hotel try

margaret-guestrelations@voyagerresort.co.uk

hope this is of some help to u.

Sophie

6. Re: Voyager Beech resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 17:19
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa
Recent Conversations