We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary required to enter China with 10 yr /60 day stay

Leawood, Kansas
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary required to enter China with 10 yr /60 day stay

Can I purchase a round-trip plane ticket exceeding 60 days like 90 days from US , so that I can visit

Malaysia .

Planning to leave China before the end of 60 days spend about 30 days in KL with a round-trip ticket from Shanghai to KL and catch the return flight from China - Shanghai - to US. Round-trip fare to Shanghai is lot cheaper than to Malaysia.

Will I have a problem in China with the Immigration .?

Mentioned in this post
Shanghai
Shanghai
Shanghai Region, China
8 replies to this topic
Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,353 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary required to enter China with 10 yr /60 day stay

If your return stopover time in Shanghai is less then 144 hours, you can use the transfer without visa option (assuming you have US passport). If it is over that you need a multiple entry visa. Which I think is easy to get in the US.

Mentioned in this post
Shanghai
Shanghai
Shanghai Region, China
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
11,467 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary required to enter China with 10 yr /60 day stay

With a Chinese visa, there won't be any issues with how you do your intl flight tickets. If you still need to apply for the visa, you should show an itinerary covering the first time you enter China. The part between your first arrival and departure to KL. You will need to show the confirmed flight out of China to Malaysia and hotel bookings for the China part. They don't care about the second or subsequent passes thru China.

Mentioned in this post
Leawood, Kansas
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary required to enter China with 10 yr /60 day stay

Already,I have the 10 year 60 day stay multiple entry visa .

So, you think I need to show the round-trip ticket from Shanghai to KL..?

Thanks for the response

Mentioned in this post
Shanghai
Shanghai
Shanghai Region, China
Leawood, Kansas
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary required to enter China with 10 yr /60 day stay

Already,I have the 10 year 60 day stay multiple entry visa .

So, you think I need to show the round-trip ticket from Shanghai to KL..?

Thanks for the response

Mentioned in this post
Shanghai
Shanghai
Shanghai Region, China
California
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary required to enter China with 10 yr /60 day stay

If you already have your 10yr visa you are good to go. It's a multiple entry visa, so as long as you depart China 60 days or earlier after entry, you can reenter at any time, even immediately (same day you depart), and you'll have another 60 days you can stay. Go ahead and arrange your flights as you've planned.

No one is likely to ask you your itinerary or question that you have a return ticket later than the duration of stay on your visa. Should anyone ask (doubtful) just tell them you're visiting KL then returning to China during the trip, departing within the 60 days duration of stay both times. Very common to do. I don't think I've had but one or two trips to China over the last 10 years where my flights from/to the US matched only my time in China. At the airports when checking in for your China flights they will just check to see that you have a valid visa.

Mentioned in this post
Leawood, Kansas
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary required to enter China with 10 yr /60 day stay

Thanks

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
11,467 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary required to enter China with 10 yr /60 day stay

If you already have a visa, you don't need to do anything else. You may do your flights however you want. At check-in in the US, just show your passport with the Chinese visa. That's all the airline will want to see, and all Chinese Immigration will want to see when they stamp you in. China explicitly allows one-way travel into the country as long as you have a visa--so nobody has any business asking for a return ticket. As long as you leave China before 60 days is up, you get stamped out of China without further ado. When you return to China, you get a fresh stamp for a new 60 days.

One word of advice: on the return, don't plan a same-day connection in Shanghai for the KUL-PVG and PVG-USA flights. Put at least one overnight in China so there's no chance of misconnection since these are on separate tickets. If that incoming flight KUL-PVG is delayed for any reason, you want to make sure you have plenty of cushion for the PVG-USA flight so you don't miss it and have to buy another one-way ticket at ruinous prices.

Edited: 25 September 2017, 21:54
Mentioned in this post
Shanghai
Shanghai
Shanghai Region, China
Pu Dong Airport
Pu Dong Airport
Shanghai, China
Leawood, Kansas
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews