We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Zhangjaijie

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
321 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Zhangjaijie

We have decided to stay in Zhangjaijie for 5 nights. Although my first day I do not arrive till 6:30pm. So I am thinking of staying right in the city to be closer to the airport the night we arrive. Then the next day head out to the Zhangjaijie National Park.

Would it be a good idea to stay on the side of the park near Yuanjaijie for two nights and then go over the other side in Wulingyuan for two nights.

We want to see Tianzi Mountain, Yangjiajie, Yuanjiajie, Gold Whip Stream and Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon.

Or is it easy enough to get around that we could just stay in one spot for the 4 nights. I am trying to decide on places to stay right now so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Tianzi Mountain
Tianzi Mountain
234 Reviews
Zhangjiajie, China
Zhangjiajie
Zhangjiajie
Hunan, China
7 replies to this topic
Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Zhangjaijie

After your first night consider taking the cable car up to Tianmen Mountain from in the city, leaving your bags at the hotel., then relocating to Wulingyuan for the rest of the time. It is quite easy to get around.

California
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Zhangjaijie

When the wife and I were there a few years back, we stayed at the Pullman Hotel in Wulingyuan and visited all the places you've listed quite easily. In my opinion, it's just much better to stay in one spot.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
4,417 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Zhangjaijie

I agree that you should go up tianmen Shan on the first day while you stay at downtown zhangjiajie city

You better stay put at wulingyuan and get in/out from the wulingyuan gate

Utilize their free internal shuttles

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
321 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Zhangjaijie

Mike cc46 - What mode of transport did you use to get around? Taxis, buses, hired driver? And thank you for your reply.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
321 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Zhangjaijie

Thank you for your replies. I will take a look at the hotels I have bookmarked for Wulingyuan.

Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Zhangjaijie

Mostly the free buses, but I remember hiring a taxi for the afternoon to go to one of the places outside the main park. According to this article there are more ways of getting around than there were three years ago. We stayed about 200m from the main entrance, but I cannot remember the name.

https://wikitravel.org/en/Wulingyuan

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
321 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Zhangjaijie

Thank you. From what I can see, it looks like if I stay in Wulingyuan I can use the free shuttles for most things but when I want to go the Canyon and glass bridge and also the other side to Yangjaijie I will have to get a taxi or something.

I am considering a guide for one day, especially when we go to the side with Yangjaijie, and do the other parts ourselves.

Reply to: Where to stay in Zhangjaijie
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted