We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

USA to China ---- visa

New England
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
187 reviews
Save Topic
USA to China ---- visa

Is there a genreral time frame that it takes to get a Visa? Hoping to travel to China next summer,. But need to have my passport to use in May.

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
622 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: USA to China ---- visa

My son got his passport, NOT expedited, in two weeks!! My daughter was able to get a work visit for China overnight this past summer.

New England
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: USA to China ---- visa

I already have my passport. Do you have to send the passport somewhere to get a visa? How long does that usually take?

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Pingyao County
Level Contributor
3,676 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: USA to China ---- visa

You can go to a Chinese consulate in person, or send your passport to a visa processing service. You can pay extra for rush service, but typically about two weeks is enough time.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,574 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: USA to China ---- visa

You wouldn't want to get it now anyway. There is a time frame you have to use it by, I think it's 90 days, or maybe 60 days. So if you got it now, it would be expired by the summer.

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
622 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: USA to China ---- visa

If you do a google on China Visa you can get the official information from the US gov. …state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1089.html

Looks like the visa's for tourists are good for 3 months.

china-embassy.org/eng/hzqz/zgqz/t84246.htm

You can have it done through a service or go to the consulate in NYC - that's the one for New England, NY, NJ, OH and PA.

If you get it done in person it will take four days ( I guess they can mail it back?) or you can pay $30 more to have it done overnight.

6. Re: USA to China ---- visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 08:19