We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Application Help

Farnham, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Visa Application Help

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently in the process of applying for my visa to China for when i visit in July.

However, in the process of filling in my application form i've hit a hitch which i'm hoping someone on here can solve.

As i'm going from Hong Kong into China by Train through to Shanghai, Shanghai to Xi'an by Train and again Xi'an to Beijing by Train i am very confused about what exactly to put in the "please list counties/cities and provinces to visit in China in a time sequence"

Do i have to list all the counties/cities/provinces i travel through on the trains enroute to the cities i'm going to on my journey or will simply putting the cities and how long i'm spending in each be sufficient?

Also, i've been told that i have to give evidence of how i'm going to enter and exit China by providing a photocopy of my itinerary...but i can't order my train tickets (through chinatripadvisor) no sooner than 60 days before i go...could i print of the train information for the website to detail to authorities about that part of my journey or will i have to wait until i can book my train tickets and await my confirmation?

Thank you ever ever so much in advance if anyone can help me out with this, as it would be a huge weight of my mind.

Thanks in advance,

Saint.

Farnham, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Visa Application Help

I haven't been reading this post recently as i've been a bit pre-occupied.

I'm almost there with regards to applying for my Chinese visa, i'm going to provide copies of my flight itinerary along with the confirmation of my train tickets into China from Hong Kong and hope this will be enough.

I was considering going up to the Visa office in London, but that has just put me off somewhat so i think i'm going to go with visastochina.co.uk to save all the hassle.

I really hope it won't be any more complicated once they're sent off in the post.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
21 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Visa Application Help

Just to inform you guys, situation from the messy Indonesia China Embassy. Although we're (me & my wife) flying to HK and planning to take daytrips to shenzhen like we used to. i took the china visa last month for double entry, no problems, done in a day(express).

I apply 2-3 days ago through a travel agent that book my tickets, but did my HK hotel resevation online. paid the ticket to HK already for next week. after two days i turn in my passport then the agent ask for:

- Copy of my bank Statement, minimum of $22K USD worth. there's a problem, my wife doesnt include her statement, she's a housewife. then they need a

- a copy of my company profile. ??? since i sponsor myself and my wife for the trips. a proof that im wealthy enough to paid my expenses in CHINA ??

- A proof of my marriage certificate. since she dont include bank statement.

- a proof of my hotel reservation, with 2 names. me n my wife. I have to call and send emails to my HK hotel (royal plaza) didnt get much help from the hotel cuz of languange barrier, so no reply from them yet. will ask for my HK friend to have em send or fax it to me ASAP.

- a proof of a Family Card, an indonesian local family id.

- a hotel reservation in shenzhen or an address. with my name n wife on the reservation. Hello? i only want to do daytrip to Shenzhen, prefer to stay in HK instead. THATS IT !!

I apply for a multiple or a double entry visa, since i've been back n forth to china 3 times this year alone. since i dont provide the air ticket coming in to china plus the hotel/address in china, so i could only get a single entry visa. oh my God !

After i write this, wish me luck on gettin the visa. that's if the embassy not going to ask for another requirement.

This CHINA VISA thing is a mess, level to the American visa requirement, but we can do it through a travel agent service.

Why Advertise all the china tourism if tourist want to visit have to hustle to get his/her document completes or done in a quick time just to get a visa to china. ridiculous.

SO, get your Visa in advance, its a mess.

23. Re: Visa Application Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 12:19