We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying with Chinese family

Toronto
Level Contributor
315 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Staying with Chinese family

Hello

I am going to Toronto on Monday to get a Chinese visa. Is it OK to tell them I will be staying with a family in China. My host's son will be with me on Monday. What questions should I be aware of. I need this visa, already have my flight so don't want to mess up.

Thanks for the help.

Toronto
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying with Chinese family

Book a refundable hotel in Beijing online, print the booking info. The China visa takes about 1 week if you get the Travel Agent (those that specialize in China trips) process it for you, I think about $75 ($25 less if you do it yourself), I think it is worth the money cause you save time and effort. I will not try to explain that you are going to stay at a friend's place.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,296 posts
814 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying with Chinese family

You just go to the consulate. Print the form ahead of time. When I applied for my visas they never asked me where I will stay. You just list the cities where you plan to travel. They were more strict dyring the olympics but it is back to normal now.

Toronto
Level Contributor
315 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying with Chinese family

Thank you for your replies. I'll just fill in the places I will go and leave it at that.

Toronto
Level Contributor
315 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying with Chinese family

Hi again,

Just a follow up. Went to Toronto last Monday to hand in my visa app. Went back to pick up on Thursday. Contrary to all advise, I did list my inviter, with name, address, tele etc. There was no problem, not even one question.

Now I am really on my way!!!!!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
315 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying with Chinese family

Oops! advice

6. Re: Staying with Chinese family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 05:26