We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private tour guides

Jkh
Washington DC
Level Contributor
374 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Private tour guides

Can anyone give me the names of some private tour guides who could take us around Bejiing, Shanghai, Xian and Guilin. I know they would be different people for the different cities, but I cannot find any leads to good, reliable sources. Anyone??

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,512 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private tour guides

"...I cannot find any leads to good, reliable sources." Go to top of this thread and type in the search box the city and the word guide, such as "Beijing guide." You will get dozens of posts from people over several years. That way you can see who consistently gets good marks.

Otherwise, the responses you are going to get here primarily are self-promoters (or the friends, relatives or alter egos thereof), not exactly a "good, reliable" source. Individual recommendations are less unreliable compared to a broader survey over a period of time. Use the search button.

Jkh
Washington DC
Level Contributor
374 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private tour guides

Thank you for the good advice. I will do just that.

3. Re: Private tour guides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2009, 05:31