We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelsphere 16 day Highlights Tour

leeds
Level Contributor
62 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Travelsphere 16 day Highlights Tour

Hi, we've booked this to go at the end of May for 16 days. Does anyone know what the weather will be like then and therefore what to wear? Also, which extra tours etc. would anyone advise us to take or not to bother with? Any good souvenier suggestions, too? Thanks. Val.

England, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelsphere 16 day Highlights Tour

Have you done a posting on the experiences of your tour, it would be welcomed by others thinking of using this company

halesowen
Level Contributor
35 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelsphere 16 day Highlights Tour

we are thinking of doing this trip ant tips and did you enjoy it, would love to hear.

regards

sandra

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelsphere 16 day Highlights Tour

Hi Sandra,

If you type Travelsphere into the box next to China Forum, you will find anything to do with Travelsphere there.

We have booked same tour for November 6th and can't wait !!!!

Middleton in...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelsphere 16 day Highlights Tour

we went on this tour march/april 2010 and was our first long haul trip. Had a truly memorable time and saw all the major sights we could have possibly thought about. The only down side to the holiday was the standard of hotels used by travelsphere, we started with an excellent hotel in Shanghai however from then on the standard of hotel dramatically dropped. The hotel in Xian was awful and our last hotel in Beijing left us on a low instead of finishing the holiday on a high. Also some of the government run establishments where we ate left a little to be desired, eg badly chipped crockery. However we still did enjoy our holiday of a life time. PS the courier was excellent at organising the tour however i had an accident on the tour along with another passenger and the tour manager could have been alot more helpful. I would have to think about booking with travelsphere again mainly because of the standard of accomodation.

anne

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelsphere 16 day Highlights Tour

Our Experience of Highlights of China Tour on 16/11/10 with Travel Sphere (16day)

Food

Food was very poor in quantity and quality (cheap Chinese set meals served at all restaurants). It was very repetitive for all meal i.e. lunch and dinners were almost same on daily bases for the whole duration of the holiday. On the whole the meat dishes served were of very poor quality with lots of fat.

Food on the cruise was very poor standard that quite a few people from our party were suffering from tummy bugs during and after the cruise.

On booking our holiday we were assured that vegetarian meal will be no problem but most restaurants failed to deliver and I mentioned that my wife does not eat egg, fish or meat. This information was given to our Tour Manager but places where we ate were not prepared to cater. The choice of meal for vegetarian were very limited and very repetitive or none existing throughout. Our Tour Manager tried to order simple things like garden salad or chips / jacket potatoes with little success.

Hotels

The location of hotels Overall appeared to be at the lower end of the market (i.e. very cheap). Rooms in the hotel we stayed had poor lighting, we requested non smoking room which was given to us but previous occupant must have been smoking so it felt like sleeping in ash tray. When we told the reception their solution was to spray the room with air freshener which did not help.

Cruise

We were given a cabin which had foul smell coming either ac or drainage on complaint they left can of air freshener. The ship appeared to be in poor state. The whole experience felt like if we were restrictive environment as we could not go off-shore if you did not buy optional tour. Breakfast was served very early 7:00 - 8:00, lunch served 12:00 -13:00, it lacked any holiday feeling touch. We were very disappointed with the cruise overall.

Sightseeing and Tours

Sightseeing and tours were managed very well but too much time was wasted at Government Shops which could not be avoided. It would have been nicer if this was spent at Local shopping Mail instead.

Airport / Hotel Transfer

This was only the service which was very good with your bags brought to your room.

Overall

On the whole we take three to four World-wide holidays a year and first time on holiday where we were looking forward to returning home. China is a wonderful country and it is worth visiting for its wealth of history and places. We were very disappointed with Travel Sphere holiday.

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelsphere 16 day Highlights Tour

Duplicate

Edited: 18 December 2010, 12:41
cambs
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelsphere 16 day Highlights Tour

We have just returned from Travelsphere's 16 day Highlights of China Tour and must concur with the messages already placed on this site. The hotels are cheap hotels and are not in very good areas. The beds are all rock hard and the food is of very poor quality and amount. The representatives are aware of what food will be served at the outset of the trip and we did have our representative agree that the food is not good. Being on holiday your meals are part of the holiday but in this case you knew that every lunch and dinner would be the same - bad. It had become a joke one night when the fruit platter was served. There were 10 on our table and the usual lazy suzy served our fruit which always consisted of water melon. On this one night we had 10 portions of 1" square pieces of water melon. WOW - excited. On another night we had on a plate 10 biscuits similar to nice biscuits. One lady our table could not each wheat so we all devoured our one biscuit very quickly (we were always starving hungry even after the meals). One biscuit remained and in one moment of hysterical laughter we decided to play biscuit roulette with the remaining biscuit and whoever the biscuit landed on, the biscuit was theirs. 2 biscuits for the lucky person that night!!!!!!

We had very early into the trip decided that we could cope with the lunch being the same every day but we ate either in the hotel restaurant (different room from the tour dinner) whenever we could. The standard of food was much better and we couldn't understand why we were being given much cheaper and smaller dishes. We also ate pizza, macdonalds etc if these were close by. The trip was good if you wanted to lose weight which everyone must have done.

Also, the sites were good but having to go to the Government shops did become a bit tiresome i.e. jade factory (which we were told was expensive in China but not worth anything in England).

In all, if it wasn't for some of the guests on the trip we would have wanted to come home early.

I would not recommend this trip. I had read the reports on this site before we went but thought that people were exagerating - THEY WEREN'T !!!!

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelsphere 16 day Highlights Tour

My wife and I were on the same Travelsphere tour as Nash and his wife and we both agree with ALL he wrote.

To peole who are contemplating doing the same itinerary.....think twice!!

You will be doing exactly the same things....eating in the same places, staying in the same hotels, spending lengthy periods in factory shops and less times at the places you REALLY want to be at....but you will have the pleasure of paying approx. £400 more than we did!!!

Please don't think think the entire holiday was all bad....we saw some wonderful sights and met some lovely people.....but if staying in second rate hotels and eating second rate food is OK for you, all well and good. To save for a long time and count the days down as excitedly as we did and then be as dissappointed as were....you have a lot to answer for Travelsphere.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelsphere 16 day Highlights Tour

Travelsphere China Tour 16 days

October 2011

I have just returned from a 16 day tour with Travelsphere and I cannot praise them enough. There was 40 in the group and we all got on. The hotels were of a good standard but the sights were unbelievable. We all had a wonderful time and we were well looked after. No tummy bugs, no lost luggage (not bad considering 3 internal flights!) and we all got on. The tour guides were great and David our group tour Manager was really very good.

All told no complaints only wonderful memories of a fantastic holiday. I would recommend Travelsphere 16 day tour of China.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelsphere 16 day Highlights Tour

I too did the 16 day tour in October 2011 and I am sorry I cannot agree with most of what was written. Yes the food was very same but what do you expect going to China! Some of the meals weren't good but most were very good.

I think you go to China for the sights and experiences not to be a critic of the food.

I agree that a couple of the hotel beds were rock hard but to be honest by the time we got to bed at night all we wanted to do was sleep because of touring all day. The Guides were great and our tour Manager David was fantastic.

I would recommend this tour without hesitation.