We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

China Odessey Tours

Pleasantville, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
China Odessey Tours

Has anyone had experience with China Odessey Tours. I am about to book with them and want to know if they are reliable.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,857 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: China Odessey Tours

The question is asked every week recently. I don't remember someone giving an answer.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,967 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: China Odessey Tours

Do a search using the feature just below.

Pleasantville, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: China Odessey Tours

Maryann, your wrote that I should search through a link but there was no link in your post. Please try again

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: China Odessey Tours

Use the search box below this, or whichever post comes last, or above your own original post. This company has had reviews and forum posts removed because of self-promotion so scrutinise carefully the information that you gather.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
91 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: China Odessey Tours

Well, if China Odyssey tours did self-promotion, I definitely will not use them. Thanks for the very important info.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: China Odessey Tours

A real one but with mixed evaluations.

Vancouver, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: China Odessey Tours

Hi guys. I haven't been with China Odessey Tours per se, but I heard they weren't very reliable, a friend of mine told me. I do know, for sure though, that Trips in Asia (www.tripsinasia.com) is good. I had a great time in China and I did not have to worry about travel, language barriers, accommodations, etc. Whoever plans to visit China with a tour group (which is good because it's hard to communicate with locals), then this is definitely recommended.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: China Odessey Tours

You need to give more details, otherwise take risk being taken as advertising.

Vancouver, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: China Odessey Tours

You can ask me for more detail for sure. I was just giving the gist of it. The trip my husband and I took was the 17 day long trip called Highlights of China with Hongkong.

In our first day we arrived in Beijing, the service was good because someone was waiting for us at the airport and he took us to the hotel, Dong Fang hotel.

The agency was flexible..we got to choose what we wanted to do the next day from the list of activities that was available. This is why I like the booking system: we can choose what we want to do. So we chose to see the Forbidden City and the Great Wall of China.

All travel was taken care of so we got to each place with ease. There was also an English-speaking guide with us during the day excursions so we got an introduction to the history of China.

Anyway we continued to Pingyao and all transportation was taken care of-our train tickets were ready so we did not have to worry about that.

Point is, we got to see all the wonders of China in a little over two weeks and we ended in Hongkong. I really liked traveling with Trips in Asia.

Manama, Bahrain
Level Contributor
436 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: China Odessey Tours

I have just returned from a 2 week private tour in China organised by China Odyssey (Beijing, Datong, Xi'an, Guilin, Yangshuo, Chengdu, Emeishan) and hence can comment objectively and with direct first hand knowledge on my experience with them, rather than put a completely unsubstantiated (heard from a friend?!) negative comment as a cover for promoting an alternate agent.

My direct experience with China Odyssey was very good - they were professional and competent through both the booking and tour phase, and delivered what they were supposed to (guides, drivers, hotels, train, flights, entry to sights etc) and to my satisfaction. I'm happy to recommend them for a private tour of the type we took (2 persons) and have no desire or need to diss other agents in the process.