We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

China high-speed train crash

BJ
Level Contributor
430 posts
Save Topic
China high-speed train crash

China high-speed train crash,do you still plan take the high-speed train in China?

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,494 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: China high-speed train crash

Yes. Why not? All transportation has risks in every country, some higher than others. International statistics show that you are in far more danger in a car, bus or taxi than a train or airplane.

Beijing
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: China high-speed train crash

Agree SoBeSparky, maybe I'll refuse to take the train because of the delay but not the crash

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,262 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: China high-speed train crash

There are car crashes and accidents on US and European highways practically everyday, and yet I still continue to drive. Crazy eh?

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,769 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: China high-speed train crash

The good news is that there is no chance that any Canadians or Americans will be killed at home in any high speed bullet train collisions. At the average speed of the trains here, they will have the chance to jump off the train with little or no harm, when they see the train ahead.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
61 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: China high-speed train crash

JPDem: Too true :-)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
627 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: China high-speed train crash

i find the chinese bloggers are particularly harsh on the chinese govt about this crash. given that train crashes happens everywhere, yes, even in the usa and canada, i am not sure why is that.

yes, i have no hesitation to travel by train in china. accidents happen everywhere. as a matter of fact, i will do so in nov/11.

Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: China high-speed train crash

Will u refuse to get married because a lot of people get divorced?

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: China high-speed train crash

Hmmm... divorced vs. dying - not the greatest analogy.

The crash was a terrible tragedy. Let's hope all and every positive lesson that can be learned from it is.

Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: China high-speed train crash

Finger crossed!!!!

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
142 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: China high-speed train crash

I took the high speed train from Xi'an to Luoyang on Monday afternoon. It stopped in the middle for about half an hour, then crept very slowly forward for a while before resuming normal speed. Lots of other passengers were asking the conductor questions -- they did not appear happy with the answers. (I don't speak Chinese, and decided not to try to get someone to explain. I was just grateful that they didn't unload the train and tell us catch another one.)