We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mutianya wall

Caloundra...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
mutianya wall

I have been reading all the posts about getting to the wall. Think im so confused now not sure which way to go. Taxi for the day, guide and driver, just driver, bus, tour...... Interested in your experiences.

Thanks in advance

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,445 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mutianya wall

There is no need for a guide, you only need transportation. So you hire a car and driver or a flat rate taxi to get you there. The driver will have a nap in his car as you walk on top of the Wall, usually 90 minutes or so, then take you back to the city.

There is a combination of bus and taxi that can take you there but it is not simple and probably not the best solution for you.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mutianya wall

Hi there I can tell you my experience when I went to this section of the wall and it turned out to be pretty easy. Take the subway to Dongzhimen and then the 916 bus which goes to Huairou. In principle when you get to the bus station it should be easy to negotiate a taxi. I didnt have to go that far. I was literally yanked of the bus before we got there and ended up paying about $18 for a taxi to take me, wait and then take me back to the town so I could get back to Beijing It worked out very well.

have a great trip

angie

www.angietravels.com

3. Re: mutianya wall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 13:16