We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cTrip flight purchases and security

Texas
Level Contributor
39 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
cTrip flight purchases and security

Well, we leave Monday for China, finally booking some internal flights and hotels in China... cTrip is asking me to send copies of my credit card, passport, form with signature, first born (well not my first born)...

is this typical?

Is this expected?

Is this necessary?

Thanks for your guidance!

Off soon to Shanghai, Xi'an, Dunhuang, and Yangshuo...

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,361 posts
821 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cTrip flight purchases and security

Yes, they always do this. This is for credit card security. You will also be asked to produce your passport if you use your credit card in some department stores.

If this bothers you, you can use travelzen.com or elong.net. At least one of these two does not ask for this.

Texas
Level Contributor
39 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cTrip flight purchases and security

Thanks.

As long as this is standard procedure I am okay with it... just wanted to be sure.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,361 posts
821 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cTrip flight purchases and security

They do not do it 100% of the time but quite often.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cTrip flight purchases and security

Yes, from outside china that is my experience and it all goes well. Stressful but that organisation is professional. Do what they require- no problems will surface.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cTrip flight purchases and security

Yes, from outside china that is my experience and it all goes well. Stressful but that organisation is professional. Do what they require- no problems will surface.

6. Re: cTrip flight purchases and security

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 17:15