We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In China now but will see SE Asia

M K
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Topic
In China now but will see SE Asia

I arrived in Shanghai 2 weeks ago and have seen Hangzhou, Suzhou, and Chengdu since then. I'm currently in Chengdu. But for now, I think I've seen enough of China and want to see other countries. Also, I am on summer vacation until August, so I'm a little short on time. However, I am still considering seeing Guilin(since I have a friend who lives there. However, I believe he is only free for one day and will be gone by the end of the month to return to the US) and Guangzhou (since its close to Hong Kong and Taiwan).

If I were to leave Chengdu for another country now, I plan to travel to Hong Kong, Taiwan, Philippines and Thailand. With my limited time, I will likely have to skip Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos

I'm not sure what is the best order to see these places in order to save the most money and time. Is there an airport near Guilin that has flights to Thailand? If so, then I'd like to do this: Chengdu -> Guilin ->Thailand -> Philippines -> Taiwan -> Hong Kong -> Guangzhou. What do you guys think?

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,984 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In China now but will see SE Asia

You skipped Beijing where you have the Great Wall, Forbidden city and Temple of Heaven?

2. Re: In China now but will see SE Asia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 21:43