We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

16 days in Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong, Xi'an & Beijing

Connecticut, USA
Level Contributor
180 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
16 days in Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong, Xi'an & Beijing

We are going on an extensive trip to Asia in April that will start in Bangkok, then go on a cruise from Singapore to Hong Kong by way of Vietnam, and then continue with trips to Xi'an and Beijing. We are experienced travelers who enjoy historical sites, shopping, walking around town, and some routine tourist attractions and shows. I know tastes vary but I was thinking allocating our time as Bangkok (4.5 days), Singapore (2), Hong Kong (2), Xi'an (2.5) and Beijing (5). Do any of these choices seem far too little or far too much time in one spot? Given where we are going should we Cuit out any visit time in Singapore and allocate more to Hong Kong or somewhere elise to,get a more complete experience. I know there are lots of other places in china worth visiting too but don't want too more legs on the trip. Any advice appreciated.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
5,954 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 16 days in Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong, Xi'an & Beijing

Your plan looks OK with some minor changes: HK 2.5 - Xian 2.

Bushey, England
Level Contributor
317 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 16 days in Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong, Xi'an & Beijing

Presumably Xi'an for the Terracotta army. Asides from the museum, is there much else to see around there? I wasn't really impressed by it, and if your first stop in China is Hong Kong, then you're just a 1 hour flight from Guilin which, in my opinion, is much nicer. The River Li cruise is fantastic. 5 days in Beijing sounds about right. You wouldn't want to do less than 4.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,798 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 16 days in Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong, Xi'an & Beijing

Looks OK but you will have to deduct traveling time. These places are far from each other.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
5,954 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 16 days in Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong, Xi'an & Beijing

Finally another person who would choose Guilin/Yangshuo over Xian.

5. Re: 16 days in Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong, Xi'an & Beijing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2013, 10:15