We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the they called?

Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
What are the they called?

went touring around china last year and there were these guys in booths around the place but they weren't police, i cant remember what they are called? can you help? so annoying.

thanks advance

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,915 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the they called?

They are "Bao An".

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the they called?

They probably are 'Bao An' (means 'security') or 'Chengguan'.

'Bao An' are hired by private agent(s) while 'Chengguan' is an Administrative Body of the Govt.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,766 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the they called?

That's a pretty vague description. A security agent is also the only thing that I can think of.

4. Re: What are the they called?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2014, 06:16