We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

China tour companies?

Bristol, Connecticut
Level Contributor
211 posts
275 reviews
Save Topic
China tour companies?

Hi everyone,

We are starting to plan a trip in 2014. We would like to visit Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, 3 day Yangtze cruise with a Hong Kong extension. Options include Chengdu and/or Li river. The length should be between 17-19 days including Hong Kong. Has anyone taken one Lately or is planning one this year with Viking, Wendy Wu, China Spree, Vantage, or Avalon? How about other tour companies? We are fit and in our early 60s hoping to have western facilities throughout the trip.

Thanks to all.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: China tour companies?

Take a look at www.intrepidtravel.com. They run small group tours with a maximum of 12 but will leave with as little as 1. Intrepid is an Australian company and most of the group will be from Australia, New Zealand, Britain, Canada and America.

My husband and I have been to Vietnam, China and Morocco with Intrepid and our friends have done trips with them and planning another in May.

I prefer independent travel but if I were to travel alone I would definitely go with them again.

2. Re: China tour companies?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 00:41
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: China tour companies?

Just finshed the Golden Triangle tour with China Spree. I plan to post a detailed review when I return. I highly recommend based mainly on excellent tour guide and also great value for the money.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
3,178 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: China tour companies?

Searched for a year before choosing Chinaspree. Wonderful experience. Had 23 family and friends in our group. Went on the 15 day China and Hong Kong adventure. Happy travels!

Pawleys Island...
Level Contributor
109 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: China tour companies?

Anxious to hear about your trip!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: China tour companies?

worldtravelier and singermom4, I have heard good things about China Spree, but I am just wondering what was the age range on your tours?

i am planning a trip in May or June 2014, and Intrepid is also at the top of my list.

Thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: China tour companies?

On our trip we had two families (including ours) - parents in 40s, kids ranged from 9 thru 16. Several in the 50s-60s, and a few older. Except for one person, everyone was able to walk vigorously and for long periods of time (you need to be able to do this). The other China Spree running concurrently with ours had two college age adults as well.

seattle
Level Contributor
284 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: China tour companies?

China Odyssey is also a great company and you can be very flexible and pretty much plan your trip with their help. No worries about big busses and 30 people.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: China tour companies?

singermom4- Great, thanks for responding!

Muni-I'll look into it, thanks for the tip!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: China tour companies?

Muni- just a quick question, do you have the choice of either being part of a group tour or making your own tour?