We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping private guide-Help please

LI
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tipping private guide-Help please

Is it customary to tip your guide? How much?

My husband and I are going on the Wendy Wu Glories of China Private tour and want to know how much I should tip the tour guides if anything.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,297 posts
814 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tipping private guide-Help please

Check on the right hand side under "Top Questions" , 5th item.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,915 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tipping private guide-Help please

It's rather a agreement in your contract with tour company. Not like people in other industry in China, tour guide is used to being tipped, also it's true that they earn living by great part on tipping. I once read from a community of Beijing English tour guide . They mostly will be happy with 400 RMB for basic tour group of 2 people for a few days stay in Beijing.

3. Re: Tipping private guide-Help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 06:17