We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

China business hotel chain?

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
China business hotel chain?

When we traveled Japan several years ago, after a couple days we discovered a chain of business hotels called Toyoko Inn. It was perfect for us: clean, simple, comfortable, internet, convenient locations, even had a self-service laundry. It was a budget hotel, I think the cost was about $75 USD.

Any suggestions for a similar chain in China? We don't need 5 star hotels since we'll be out visiting sites most of the time. I was reading about Hanting Inns. Anyone have experience with this chain?

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: China business hotel chain?

Yes, Hanting Inns, Jinjiang Inns, Home Inns, Green Tree inns, 7 Days Inn(this is a bit simple relatively but little cheaper). When i were off home i always stay with one of them. Just note some properties may not accept non Chinese, be aware of this by selecting.

Edited: 23 September 2013, 05:48
Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: China business hotel chain?

Average cost per night of those Inns is much cheaper in China, about 200RMB (32 USD).

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: China business hotel chain?

>>Just note some properties may not accept non Chinese

Wow, really? Any more information on this would be helpful. Like how would I be able to tell which ones.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
21,699 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: China business hotel chain?

Some are not licensed by the government to accept foreign guests. You'll find out when you try to book or when you walk in. Also don't expect these to be the same quality as the Japanese business hotels.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
10,405 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: China business hotel chain?

I've had very good luck with Jinjiang Inns and they tend to be my go-to chain especially in secondary Chinese cities. Hanting can be OK. IME, Home Inns and Green Tree vary more in quality from property to property but usually pretty decent as well. All of these chains take foreign guests at just about any location in China you'll likely find yourself at. But you may find most of them do not have desk staff on hand that speak English, at least not all of the time. If you don't mind a relatively small but clean room (wood floor not carpet), small but functional bathroom with a shower, free internet (wired usually, not wifi in the rooms) and don't need breakfast or other services, you can save a lot of money over a more full-service hotel.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: China business hotel chain?

If the key word is "budget" I would also go for all the mentioned "inns". But if the focus is "business" I would opt for Holiday Inn and HI Express. Plenty of them in China: ihg.com/holidayinn/…china-hotels

However always check the exact location of the HI you intend to book. The "HI Downtown" here in Shanghai for example is at the main train station, not even 10% as glitzy there as the "real" downtown around Peoples Square. I like HI and whenever in doubt where to stay in an unknown city I go for it.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: China business hotel chain?

>>If the key word is "budget" I would also go for all the mentioned "inns". But if the focus is "business"...

Not traveling for business. It's just that the chain I referred to in Japan was described as being focused on the business traveler, whatever that means. It was ideal. No breakfast, we enjoyed trying foods along the way. I just don't see the point in paying for frills we don't need, like spa, gym, pool, grand lobbies, bellhops, etc.

8. Re: China business hotel chain?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 06:20