We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestion to 3 week stay in China, please!!!

Hong Kong, China
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
suggestion to 3 week stay in China, please!!!

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of staying in China for 3 weeks. here is my itinerary, please give some pros and cons, or some transportation, staying tips too!!!

Jiuzhaigou National Park (2nights) --> chongqing (1 night) --> ZhangjiaJie (3 nights) --> Wudangshan (2nights) --> ShangHai (3nights) --> Huangshan (2 nights) --> Hangzhou (1 night) --> Suzhou (1 night) --> Beijing (the rest).

Not really confirmed yet. Anyone has done it before? Any suggestion please?

I was also considering the winter cold temperature. Is it still worth going during winter?

thanks.

Cindy

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestion to 3 week stay in China, please!!!

The plan really depends on what is more interesting to you, culture or landscape, architecture? Everyone may give you different suggestions, Beijing, Shanghai, Huangshan and JiuZhaigou are the most frequent visited places for foreign tourists. If you are fond of Chinese architecture, Suzhou Garden is good. If you really like temple and Daoism, Wudangshan is a great choice. And most foreigners love to see Terra-Cotta Warriors in Xi'an with profound history. Guilin/Yangshuo and Shangri-La/Lugu Lake in Yunnan are fabulous scenic places too. There will be a long list!!! If you are not afraid of cold weather, it's OK to travel in winter, to appreciate a different view.

And another important thing, what is your budget for the accommodation? Do you prefer faster flights or train?

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestion to 3 week stay in China, please!!!

Very widely spaced places. Strikes me as over-ambitious. Lots of time lost in moving about. Suggest you prioritise and investigate transport options. When exactly are you planning to come? Seems you favour the outdoors so cold is to be expected.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,719 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestion to 3 week stay in China, please!!!

That's a lot of places for 3 weeks. Check transportation and you may find that you will end up spending very little time in some places.

Hong Kong, China
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: suggestion to 3 week stay in China, please!!!

@ Daisytravellover : Thanks for the suggestion, I myself love landscape best, but I'd love to learn about China's culture stuff too. For the accommodation, I'd love to have some heater in the room as it's winter, As long as it's not overly expensive, I'd be okay with it. You can assume that I do not have a fix budget. as long as it's okay. I'll go for it. For the transportation, I'll prefer train if the time taking is not too long. In addition, some ppl do suggest me to go from Shanghai first then go to the jiuzhaigou direction, do you think it's better? thanks.

Hong Kong, China
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: suggestion to 3 week stay in China, please!!!

Qupnicely and Jean-Pierre D : yea.. I do like outdoor stuff a lot. if it's your suggestion, will u guys cut shanghai part or other parts? I don't really know, because i just got a 3 week holiday, so I am just planning to see as many as I can. Any suggestion? In addiiton, I'd love to go around by train (just if it's not taking too long time).

I really would love to have more suggestions! thanks

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: suggestion to 3 week stay in China, please!!!

You can certainly use Shanghai as your first base. Hangzhou and Suzhou are possible as day trips because of frequent high speed trains and I think you can get to Huangshan by sleeper train. After this, I'm not sure. Someone else will have to advise but I suspect the other places will be less straightforward.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,719 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: suggestion to 3 week stay in China, please!!!

The best place to go to Huangshan would be from Hangzhou, by bus.

Zhangjiajie, China
Level Contributor
213 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: suggestion to 3 week stay in China, please!!!

Zhangjiajie is worthful place in China,top beautiful mountain,the earliest world natural heritage in China.Three nights and 3 full days would be good.Any questions about Zhangjiajie you can ask me for help...

9. Re: suggestion to 3 week stay in China, please!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2014, 04:17