We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Visa?

Where is the best place to buy a Visa to China? we might not be doing a tour package or though a travel agent. part of our trip package they don't offer a Visa site.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,058 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa?

Did you check on the Chinese Embassy's website?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa?

I have peaked at the Chinese Embassy but i wanted to see if other people have used other resourse to get Visa. sometimes they are different prices. but thank you.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
8,930 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa?

If you are in Alaska then you must apply for a visa through the Chinese Consulate in San Francisco, or a third-party agent that uses the same. Since the Consulate does not take applications by mail and you are unlikely to want to trek to SF to do this in person, you'll need to use an agent. Happily for people in the SF jurisdiction like you, there is a reliable and low-cost agent: www.freechinavisa.org. Their agent fee is only USD 15 per passport which is quite low compared to most. I am in a different consular district assignment without an equally low cost option, and I use www.mychinavisa.com which has offices everywhere and are extremely reliable, but their agent fees aren't cheap.

Note that the official price of the visa itself--which goes to the Chinese government--is USD 140 and that is standard for all US passport holders.

Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,322 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa?

Your info says you're from Orlando, Florida. If so, you need to get your visa in Houston, Texas.

Here's a link: www.china-embassy.org/eng/hzqz/t84229.htm

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
8,930 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa?

The OP's original profile was definitely Alaska when I wrote my above post. If now in Florida, then yes must use Houston Consulate. That is the one I use with mychinavisa.com

Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,322 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa?

Looks like John is a sneaky Round Eye Foreign Devil.

Edited: 24 December 2013, 01:30
7. Re: Visa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2014, 05:16