We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trailfinders China tour price

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Trailfinders China tour price

Hi all, I've asked trailfinder to do me a quote for a bespoke china tour with a koh samui add on. At present we are waiting for the actual tour bit of the holiday price to come back.

There's two adults two kids and So far the price is £5336 and includes

Flight to Beijing

Flight from shanghai to Bangkok

Two day stay in Bangkok and palladium tour

Flight to koh samui

4 days stay in koh samui

Is this a good price for this so far?? Or should I get more quotes?? Im dying to know what the tour price will be so we know if we can afford it this year, would anyone like to hazard a guess for the 4 of us for 9 day tour including

3 nights Beijing with all the usual tour bits

Train to Luoyang and two nights here including full day shaolin tour

Train to xian 2 nights here for Terracotta Army

Train/plane not sure yet to shanghai for 2 nights.

Any idea what the cost for the actual tour bit will be?? Also what are trailfinders kids prices like? Do they pay full adult price?

Tour-Beijing-Day Tour
Helicopter Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
China Odyssey Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Multi-day Tours
China Odyssey Tours
Private Tours, Multi-day Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Wendy Wei Tours
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,077 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trailfinders China tour price

Flight to Beijing from where???

Is it a price per person?

Edited: 29 December 2013, 20:53
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,077 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trailfinders China tour price

By the way, most people here travel DIY and do not do tours. So we have no clue of the cost of tours. All we can comment on is what it would cost you to do the same yourself.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trailfinders China tour price

Sorry! Flight from London to Beijing! We did consider doing it ourselves but with two kids I wanted something a bit more set in stone for their first touring holidays. The £5336 so far is a total price not a per person price. I guess I just need to know whether the tour is likely to cost another £5000 or only £2000. Got no idea really

Edited: 29 December 2013, 21:05
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,077 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trailfinders China tour price

You can try to price this yourself. For flights go to kayak.com. For Chinese domestic flights check on travelzen.com. You can find the hotel prices on the hotel websites.

For the Chinese part you can also estimate yourself. Find train prices here: http://train.echinatravel.net/ Note that children discounts for trains are based on height not age. You need to add transportation to and from airport at, say, 100RMB per taxi. Entrance fees can add up depending on what you are seeing and can easily add up to 500RMB per day. Food is cheap unless you eat at western restaurants. For a family of 4 I would guess 500RMB per day, maybe less (especially if you get hotels that include breakfasts). Then there is always shopping...

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trailfinders China tour price

Following on from your previous enquiries, I would remind you that your China schedule is very rushed and your time in Beijing is unnecessarily limited. To put it into perspective, you are intending to cover about 300 miles in 2 places in Thailand in 6 days and about 1500 miles in 4 places in China in 9 days.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trailfinders China tour price

Thank you jeanpierre thats helpful.

Qup im well aware of the distance covered amd it is necessary due to my time limit there. I find yoyr comments patronising and unhelpful

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trailfinders China tour price

Patronizing and unhelpful? Really? Well, my comments were not intended to be so and I fail to see how you can come to that conclusion. I am simply expressing a fact with an illustration. If you would care to explain why you think this is so, I am prepared to listen.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trailfinders China tour price

For clarification, my post #5 was referring to this thread: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294211-i642-k7064…

I wonder if you would consider any of the comments there to be patronizing and helpful?

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
9,576 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trailfinders China tour price

I also don't see anything patronizing or unhelpful in Qup's response. OP, sorry but you seem to very defensive and convinced of the righteousness of your plans, despite the fact that very experienced people are trying to warn you that this is too much movement in too little time for anybody,but especially with 2 kids in tow. It's your money and you can spend it however you want, but please don't snap back at people just because you're not getting spoonfed with the yummy answers that you believe are out there waiting for you. There is no yummy in this setup, it's fundamentally flawed from the get-go. But as they say, experience is the best teacher....

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trailfinders China tour price

What I do find annoying is people putting their point of view across when that wasn't the question asked in this post, I was asking about prices. Interestingly many tour companies do this exact tour so it obviously isn't too much to do in the given time frame. I'm sorry if you are of the belief that tours shouldn't been done especially over a short time frame but that's life. Perhaps tell the tour guides that there nothing ' yummy in THEIR set up' !

If I seemed convinced that I was right I wouldn't be posting on here! But you Beijing 'experts' cannot expect all tourists to have endless amounts of time and money to spend weeks on end touring a country as it isn't feasible. Let people be. If people want to do and see things their way then let them.

Edited: 30 December 2013, 11:53