We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photography

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Photography

Hi,

Im going to China for a month and half in April 1st. I start in Beijing for a week and a half then go on a 30 day tour around China finishing in Shanghai. I have another week and a half in Shanghai after the tour. I love photography and was wondering what areas in Beijing and Shanghai (and close surrounding areas) for some good photography?

Thanks

Cameron

Tour-Beijing-Day Tour
Helicopter Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
China Odyssey Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Multi-day Tours
China Odyssey Tours
Private Tours, Multi-day Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Wendy Wei Tours
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Guilin, China
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Photography

I'm also interested in photography, I could help you find some nice photography places.

Beijing: the forbidden city (architecture), temple of heaven (red gate and building), wild great wall (Simatai, Jiankou), the good shots should be sunset and sunrise, and old walls. Besides, hutong also a good place to take local life and family.

Shanghai: i don't think there are too many spotlights to take. But the water villages near shanghai are really perfect places for photography.

You have a month in China, I recommend you to go other photography places. Like Jiuzhaigou, Yellow Mountains, Guilin (for natural scenery and minority).

Enjoy

2. Re: Photography

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 January 2014, 13:35
Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,213 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Photography

It depends on what you are interested in photographing. There are huge possibilities everywhere. Check out this site for Shanghai street photography:

http://shanghaistreetstories.com/

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Photography

Thank you for the replies. Yeah im going to a lot of different areas (Xian, Yangtze, Chongqing, Kunming, Dali, Guilin, Yangshou, Hangzhou...) on the tour so hopefully there will be some good shots alone the way :D I'm also staying a night in Zhujiajiao, but are there any other areas around Beijing and Shanghai which are nice to visit?

Raipur...
Level Contributor
35 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Photography

I think India could be a better Location in terms of Wild life Photography , Ranthombore has lots of workshops during April Month with Famous Personalities like Crack Jones , Sudhir Shivrama...

craigjoneswildlifephotography.co.uk/blog/…

…sudhirshivaram.com/product/details/203/rant…

pls click for details

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Photography

Shanghai is a modern clean city with a lot of ultra modern archiecture. Old part has some very interesting sites, some great 1930s architecture, pet markets where you can photograph ecstatic locals supporting their crickets at a cricket fight (they actually don't fight but rather threaten each other).

I would recommend rural areas to capture some real China photographs, especially Guilin, Guizhou or Yunnan.

You can also check photography holidays in China. I believe there are a lot and there might be a one coinciding with your dates.

7. Re: Photography

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2016, 05:16